(In know this picture has nothing to do with the post but man she is cute!!)
Personally I am a big fan of New years Day! I have always found it interesting to "start fresh" each year. I love the feeling of making, and then keeping my New Year's resolutions. It is my favorite thing to be able to see myself stick to something, it is also one of my favorite things to give up when the time seems right.
In past years there are things I have both given up and things that have stayed with me ever since. I gave up on not drinking caffeine after lasting like 8 months. I have stuck with speaking to my father in Heaven all day long as if he was right beside me. I gave up bearing my testimony every fast Sunday, at least in church. I still try to write it down or share it with my family but, it was weird getting up just to get up.
It is nice to see what works and what does not. I love feeling free to change my mind or my plan with what I am comfortable with. This year I am setting new goals yet again. and they are this...
1. NO SUGAR!!
- this is a huge one for me. As you have heard before, I am addicted. Simple as that, I don't want to feel anything has a hold on me so I am cutting it off for a while. It also can't hurt my waistline either. The hardest part will be the soda! No caffeine again??
2. I am going to prepare not only my lesson for my Sunday school class but a lesson a day every day rotating through the scriptures.
-It takes me about 2 hours to get a handle on my lessons every week, so I figure if I give myself 45 minutes a day I will learn a ton and it will be fun at the same time and I can go longer if I want to or of my children allow.
3. Study a new area of history every month that interests me. I figure I do not know enough. I did not try to hard in school due to the fact I was trying to dance my way through life. (Too bad no one told my feet/ankles that one) And I would like to be able to keep up when the conversation arises. I am starting with the world wars for now.
4. This is my "free pass" the one I give myself just because I KNOW I will get it done and, that always feel good..
- I will get my grants processed and begin finishing my degree!!! YEAH!!!!