Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEAR NEW START


(In know this picture has nothing to  do with the post but man she is cute!!)

Personally I am a big fan of New years Day! I have always found it interesting to "start fresh" each year. I love the feeling of making, and then keeping my New Year's resolutions. It is my favorite thing to be able to see myself stick to something, it is also one of my favorite things to give up when the time seems right. 
In past years there are things I have both given up and things that have stayed with me ever since. I gave up on not drinking caffeine after lasting like 8 months. I have stuck with speaking to my father in Heaven all day long as if he was right beside me. I gave up bearing my testimony every fast Sunday, at least in church. I still try to write it down or share it with my family but, it was weird getting up just to get up. 
It is nice to see what works and what does not. I love feeling free to change my mind or my plan with what I am comfortable with. This year I am setting new goals yet again. and they are this...
1. NO SUGAR!! 
- this is a huge one for me. As you have heard before, I am addicted. Simple as that, I don't want to feel anything has a hold on me so I am cutting it off for a while. It also can't hurt my waistline either. The hardest part will be the soda! No caffeine again??
2. I am going to prepare not only my lesson for my Sunday school class but a lesson a day every day rotating through the scriptures.
-It takes me about 2 hours to get a handle on my lessons every week, so I figure if I give myself 45 minutes a day I will learn a ton and it will be fun at the same time and I can go longer if I want to or of my children allow. 
3. Study a new area of history every month that interests me. I figure I do not know enough. I did not try to hard in school due to the fact I was trying to dance my way through life.  (Too bad no one told my feet/ankles that one) And I would like to be able to keep up when the conversation arises. I am starting with the world wars for now. 
4. This is my "free pass" the one I give myself just because I KNOW I will get it done and, that always feel good..
- I will get my grants processed and begin finishing my degree!!! YEAH!!!!

6 comments:

S'mee said...

I love that you feel o.k. about giving up...I need to change my way of thinking so that I feel o.k. about that too. Thanks! I love your goals, although that sugar one is going to be a toughy! I am sure you can do whatever you put your mind to, you're amazing!

The1stdaughter said...

Good luck with everything, especially the school goal! I'm super jealous of anyone who can actually accomplish that and most of all with kids. But I know you can do it, so good luck!

A Sharing Heart said...

Amazing goals, good luck on them all. The sugar one I would love to be able to do but don't think possible for me. Maybe I will write down some goals that I want to accomplish for all to see. Maybe then I would be able to keep them.

Robyn said...

Wahoo! I am excited about your going back to school. Your dad would love that you are adding to the history habit. He loved the stuff.

With the sugar pledge my only advice is to take it slow. The hardest part is the withdrawl. It will be harder than you ever thought it could be, but it will definitely be worth it. I remember giving ti up for a while and then going back to it. I couldn't believe how sweet things were! And they were things that only a few months earlier tasted perfectly fine.

I will keep you in my prayers! You can do it.

Sally said...

Thank you for posting and including such great pictures!!! I love reading and seeing what you guys are doing. Abigail looks so adorable in her Christmas dress!
Good luck with your goals! I have set some too this year, but at this point it's more or less a 'wish list' in my head...I need to sit and write them down. Last January I set a goal of reading the Old Testament, and I stuck with it all year, but I only made it to Ezra chapter 4. I guess I'm just a slow reader, I think it will take me another year to finish!
I want to give my blog a 'face lift' and start blogging again (one of my NY resolutions). How/where do you get those great looking backgrounds?

The Pea said...

Sally, I get my backgrounds from Thecutestblogontheblock.com