Monday, December 01, 2008

Happy Funny Thaksgiving

How fun was my thanksgiving day!! My Sister And her cute family came up to spend the day with us and it was my first year cooking. We had the best time goofing off in the kitchen all day and eating together.

The Pictures!!


this is me half cooking half praying  my oven would not blow up, it tends to catch on fire at least once a week and it made it through the whole day without incident.... See prayer works!!

Bob and the little boys in the backyard so cute playing football!!

Abby's contribution to the cooking. 

The "men" in between the three trips to walmart for things we forgot or to replace the ruined rolls the boys watched the dog show.... I mean football! Shhhh we said we would not tell. 

Cristen brought up cute turkey foam magnets to make with the kids that turned out to be Thanksgiving beavers, No kidding Beavers with pilgrim hats and corn in there paws?? Oh well, next time we open the package before we buy, but the kids loved it!

My finished turkey YUMM!!



Jacob trying sparkling cider. 

Joe ready to eat!  Two plates later. 


The girls after dinner.

We had so much fun cooking this meal. I put the turkey in the oven and five minutes later my house was filled with smoke, I am still not sure why. I called my mother who was down at Grandmas in St. George and she told me to turn down the heat and cover my bird in foil. (first trip to walmat to get foil) A couple hours later I was on the phone with mom again to see if she sautee'd her vegi's for the stuffing (yes we do) I just happened to pull out the pies to check what they would need when I yelled, What and hour to cook and they are better if they sit a few hours after that. WHAT!!?? So I put in the pies. Then I told my mother she should have prepared me better and to stop laughing! The turkey was probably a half  hour from done so I started the sides, My mother (the not preparer) told me I should have put the stuffing in the crock pot that morning.  Something she could have told me TUESDAY!! Anyway, we continued the sides and amazingly we were done all at the same time. We had Turkey and stuffing, Yams with brown sugar and marshmallows, Cooked carrots, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy (which turned out great by the way), and pretzel jello! We had pumpkin and razzelberry pie a few hours later with the real stuff whipped cream! 
We had so much fun laughing at ourselves and making mistakes, peeling the top of the pumpkin pie, yes even being betrayed by grandma when she told my mom I had called yet again. It was a day to remember, for sure. My first ever Home made all by me thanksgiving meal! And thank you mom you are awesome and I am so glad we could share our day together!!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice work E! that dinner looks d-lish and hey, at least you know you've got someone to call when you're stuck right?? lol

Cristen said...

It was so much fun to spend this time with you. We need to make it our tradition. The food was great you are awesome.

Robyn said...

It looks excellent! Great job, oh unprepared one! You're a natural. And can I say I hate that you don't even look like you just had a baby. You may look like your dad a bit, but didn't get the family genes in that regard!

You and Shinbou look like you had a great Thanksgiving together.