Sunday, December 07, 2008

BIG BOY


This is him! Need I say more? 

But I will, my little angel boy will be two tomorrow! He was such a sweet little angel baby, he came out of me knowing he was the third baby, and in a time when life for our family was not as peaceful as I would have liked, he brought calm to our home. And two years later he is the chaos. Life for us has calmed but this boy may just always need to be the opposite of whatever the world around him is. He refuses to talk and we have been in battle about it for a few weeks now. I know he can speak and he is just refusing to do it. The tantrums have come in full force and so have the frequent trips to the bed with loving words spoken "Come out when you are calm" He climbs up and down my furniture and I know he is waiting to break his leg until Jan 1st because our deductible is met for this year.  He has stabbed my couch with the the bread knife while I was in the bathroom (now he comes or I hold it) He's tried to "play" baseball with Abby. And was heartbroken when I told her She doesn't play! We end the days exhausted and he wakes screaming (he gets that from me) But then when I feel I can take no more he does something like this....

Last night the boys went to bed fighting. Michael and Jordan both sleep on the bottom bunk in their bedroom and sometimes they disagree on who gets what blanket or who gets to have a drink first. Last night about five minutes after they had calmed down a little I heard a horrible scream coming from the bedroom. I went in to find Jordan with a bright red cheek and Michael (the most honest kid on the planet) explaining why he had bite his brother. No excuses held up and he had his silky blanket and his Mickey Mouse taken away. When Michael feels what he has done was justified he gets heartbroken and just does not understand. I did my best to tell him that no matter what Jordan had done he was never allowed to punish him because it is my job to take care of that stuff. So I left the room with  him lightly sobbing into his pillow and my heart aching for him as I closed the door. Then after watching a movie with Joe I was headed to bed and went in to check on my kids. I opened the door and found Jordan sleeping with his arm wrapped over his big brother and his silky covering them both. He had comforted and shared his most prized possession with the brother who had gotten his taken away. And not just that, he needed to comfort the boy who not a few minutes before had bite his cheek so hard it was still red this morning. 
I guess I can get through the chaos just to see how this man turns out. 
Happy birthday Baby!!

5 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

What a cutie! Happy Happy Birthday!

Marianne said...

Wow. I can't believe he's 2 already. He's so cute. A question. Are those Christmas lights made out of bullet casings on your tree?

The Pea said...

Of course... don't you remember my shot gun shell lights! I love them!!!!

S'mee said...

That is the cutest little guy, and what a sweetheart!

And um, a huge "Thank You!" to Marianne for pointing out the shotgun shell Christmas lights...that made my night!

Rachel said...

I freakin love that kid!!! He still adorns my cell phone when I open it up. Happy Birthday little Buddy!!! I miss the shotgun shell lights!!!! I can't wait to see them and all of you! Friday Friday Friday!!!!

Much love!!!