Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello my name is Erin

I am a MAJOR sugarholic, I mean if there is sugar within my home I will sniff it out and consume it without even stopping to think about it. For example Jordan's birthday was on Mon. We had fun cake and ice cream and then everyone went to bed. I got up the next day and began just taking bites of cake whenever I would see it, This morning IT IS GONE!! This used to not be such a problem but 4 kids in 5 years has taken it's toll. And even though I am very grateful for how much weight I have not gained during this time I am not where I would like to be. So I have a goal... I am giving up Sugar for the new year!!!


I know HOLY CRAP that is a big goal!!! But, I am serious. As I get older I know there is just no way I will be able to keep up this habit and I know I will only get bigger as the years go by if I do not do something now!! So here I am I am going to go out with a bang. I do not want to punish myself through Christmas but after that, it begins. So I want all of you out there to share your favorite Holiday Goodies and let me go out with a delicious Bang!! I will really not be having sugar for a long time so I want to get it all out of my system now. Please share I will be very grateful to look back on this Christmas and think of the sugar I am sure I will be missing very much be Jan 5th!!

6 comments:

Marianne said...

I tried this once...I lasted 5 days.

Unknown said...

Good Goal!! Good Luck! I am trying to do this too. When I am nursing if I eat too much sugar I get yeast infections. Make sure you have replacements around that you can grab whenever you feel a sugar urge! Also, try Agave Nectar to sweeten things it has a lower glycemic index. I spread a little on a whole wheat tortilla, sprinkle it with cinnamon and roll. D-lish and chewy snack!!

Brianna said...

Wow, that is a good goal. I know you can do it girl! Email me you address, and I will send you some goodies! I do have to say though in that picture of you at Thanksgiving, you look amazing, so I don't know what you are talking about ;o)

Jenessa said...

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!! This is my new moto in life. I still eat sugar and yummy things but i also workout and eat these foods in moderation. Also there will always be more later if you chose to eat it again.

Jamie said...

I am telling you, you just need to have one day off a week. That is what I do and it is SO nice. Good luck!

Alison Wonderland said...

Good luck. I'd love to help you out with a recipe but I'm more of an eat it, than I am a make it kind of gal.