Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Candy Day

I know my posts are all out of order but I keep thinking of things I want to share with you all. Here is our day of candy making that fell apart. We had a blast but then so did our candy. We started with english toffee, I make it every year and it is always my favorite... This year I ruined THREE batches!! My friends all say that it was the snow fall. But, who knows it was BAD!! Our toffee pull on Christmas Eve ended up being a hard candy pull. which tastes awesome but could really crack you tooth. Oh well the day we spent "trying" to make our candy was well worth the let down of the turn out. Ora wanted to help the whole time!

The boys wanted to eat. And began with Chex Mix.

Then Chocolate

Every thing was really bad so I let them all dip big marshmallows in chocolate while I did covered pretzels.

Seriously Divinity pancakes ( I just happened to be on the phone with Robyn and Bri when this one happened, they thought it was pretty funny!)


They turned out kind of funny as little "snow balls" 

Better luck next year!! But well worth he memories with my kids. 

2 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

I think this has to be my favorite thing to do with Jace. It is so much fun to be in the kitchen with kids! They always seem to want to help and its so much fun to watch them get it all over themselves with no qualms about being messy.

S'mee said...

LOVE this post! You made me laugh. I think your kids are sooo cute. And so that you don't feel alone in the mayhem, this usually happens to me when I am either A: in a time crunch or B: teaching how to make it. yup, an audience is always a sure way for your recipe to show you who's boss!

Anywho keep the posts coming!