Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shopping therapy


I am so sick of sitting in my living room doing nothing all day. All I do is make myself sick worrying over things that I cannot control. And being angry because I am so sick of not being able to take care of my kids the way I should. So today as I sit here I decided I am sick of being grumpy I am going to just take the days as they come and get over the grumps! So I went to the lds distribution services website and went to town. 

For a very long time I have waned to buy the hymns in American Sign Language. It is a great way to keep up a skill that I am quickly loosing and I do not want to loose. Joe said a few weeks ago that he would like to learn to sign so that he could yell at the kids in sign language like I do sometimes. So I figure this is the best way to teach him. 
I also got then new Nursery manuel called Behold our little ones. The church has encouraged all those families with young children to use it in their homes and now I will be able to. I can't wait. 
At least for today I have something to look forward to, that is not 7 more weeks away. It was fun and only cost me $10.50 not a bad way, or a bad price to beat the blues today. 

7 comments:

S'mee said...

That's a great idea! I think that going to the distribution center in real life is one of my favourite things about Utar! It's probably one of the only reasons I would consider living there. How convenient that I can shop on line instead?

Everyone is raving about the new nursery manual! Glad you got a few things to cheer you up!

Robyn said...

Good job Pea! I'm glad you got both of them and are keeping your skills up! What a great way to yell at kids!

Jenessa said...

Sorry you are grumpy. If it makes you feel better at least you can eat when you are sad. I get sad or angry and I get on the treadmill. Justin started calling me a treadmill natzi. Is that good or bad? Anyway go eat a Big Mac for me and have a great time with your new hobby. If you get grumpy again think of me sweating it out talking to myself. Maybe I am going crazy? Getting closer to you maybe!!! Love you and I have new baby clothes for you I just have to put them in the mail so they will be there before your new books. One more thing to look forward to.

The Pea said...

Thanks Ness, I love having one more thing to look forward to!!
Robyn, it is so funny to watch me yell at them I used to whisper but I found it was harder to control than my hands
Smee I'll take you to distribution anytime!

Trent & Lindz said...

Ha! Sorry I took your background! I thought it was cute too (odviously) :)

Brianna said...

I love the new look!! Hope you are feeling better. We are thinking about you:o)

Lisa M. said...

Ah, what a great purchase!