Thursday, September 04, 2008

OBGYN

So I knew this would happen, (can you say Pessimist). Yet again what you want and what you get are two very different things. 


I guess the story begins with, it took us a very long time to be able to hear the baby's heart beat. I can't remember the exact week but it was well after 10. Well after 10. My midwife said that it was probably just because the placenta was lying in front of the baby. Not a great thing but, no big deal. Things went along normally for a while and I was able to not be so stinking sick, which I attribute totally to my midwife. The pineapple was great. But in the back of my head I was worried, not really about anything real, just nervous. The baby moved and got stronger and seemed to be very healthy. Until at my last appointment when yet again we could not hear the baby very well and so my midwife suggested that I go in and see and OB to get an ultrasound to see if things were okay.  She wanted to check the heart and make sure things were where they were supposed to be. Needless to say I got even more nervous and was starting to really pray about what I was going to do. I was feeling like something was just "not right" I was waking up in the night trying to figure out why I was so nervous. I was over thinking everything, all of the things that could be wrong were swirling around in my brain and I could not get through them.  Would I stay with my midwife who I like or, was I going to switch, Would I even have a choice 

This morning I went in and met with the Dr. he was great, he listened to all of my problems and concerns, and answered ALL of my many questions.  Then I was sent for my ultrasound, it was so fun to see the baby and to see that the baby was very healthy. But, I have what they call placenta abruption, That is when the placenta starts to pull away from the uterus before the baby is born, or in my case even ready to be born. In my case it has not separated completely  and is not even at risk at this point for doing that. But, I have been officially switched into a hospital birth with a new OB at 28 weeks. Not what I wanted but still what I need and kind of funny because this is how the system should work. If we have problems we need Dr.'s to help out.

I have to say after feeling so anxious for a very long time I am wishing I had listened sooner to what my body was telling me and had this checked out sooner, instead of trying to fight through the feelings I was having just to prove a point. I would have saved myself allot of trouble. 

So now I am getting ready for an induction the minute the baby is ready so that I can try to avoid a C-section by easing the stress on the uterus for the delivery. But I am getting myself ready for any outcome, that involves a healthy newborn. 

It is so funny the way things turn out sometimes. Now we just have to pray for a girl because I am not sure Ora will be okay with a boy. She prays every time she prays for a sister and when I tell her it may not be a girl she says, "No Heavenly Father my best friend he will give me a sister"         So even after all of this stress about he healthy baby my number one focus is going to be the shaken faith of my THREE year old if she does not have her prayers answered. Any advice for the rock solid faith of a three year old?????

4 comments:

Robyn said...

You are right to listen to your inner voice. Keep allowing to guide and direct your moves.

I'd prepare Ora by possibly having a FHE on families. How every one is different and while sometimes hoping for a certain sister or brother we have to have faith that the sibling that comes is the perfect choice for our family.

Then remember they are closer to the spirit than we are and she just may be right. Little miss told her mom that her sister was coming and now she's saying her brother is ready too. Hmmmm.

Humes Family said...

I've got ya in my prayers ;)

The Jones's said...

Actually I have been thinking about you a lot lately, and hoping that everything was going well. I will have to add you to the Prayer Roll at the Temple. I know how grateful I am for modern medicine, and I am trying to prepare myself for all circumstances, but it doesn't mean that you won't be somewhat disappointed if you can't go through birth the way you hoped. I have a wonderful Doc. who I trust implicitly, and that helps me feel more confident.

My sister is going through the same thing with Kimball, her 4 year old. She is pregnant with no. 3 and he wants a sister so badly. She tries to tell him that he may get a brother and he says no, he wants a sister. She pretty positive it's a boy, too. :) I have no advice about it, but if my sister gets an inspiration to help Kimball, I will definitely let you know.

S'mee said...

I give up when it comes to insistent three year olds, I swear they know what they know! Cases in point:

OUr first grandson KNEW his littlebrother was coming and then also KNEW the little sister was coming. His cousin, his mommies sister- their oldest child KNEW mommy was pregnant BEFORE mommy did BOTH times and got the gender correct both times. Both these kids "played" with their siblings prior to birth, acting, laughing and having vivid conversations with them, and as Chronicler said, informing parents of pending pregnancies.