Friday, September 12, 2008

Man I love this man!!



      Just look at him! How could you not love a guy like mine. This man is the hardest working, most loving guy I have ever known. As the horrible sick days have dragged on month after endless month, he has never once complained. Never once uttered anything in frustration to me other than "sit down and let me serve you!" He wakes every morning with an alarm ringing in his ears and the sun still hours behind the mountains. He works in a job where he has zero respect. They treat him badly and then expect him to help them whenever they need him. And what does he do (most of the time) He bides his time. He knows there is just no way he can quit now, we need him to be there. The pro's do outweigh the con's. So he spends all day wanting to be home, and most days after at least 12 hours, drags himself through the door with a smile and a hug for each of our kids. They hardly ever see how very tired he his. On the days that I have not been able to get dinner ready he goes to the kitchen and scrambles some eggs or makes peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. Then he cleans and changes the kids, tells me to sit on the couch, gets the dishes done, sees to it that scriptures get read (even if some days we only share a spiritual thought) prayers get said and each child gets a story, then he tucks them into bed with a kiss. Then and only then does he hop in the shower for I swear like 5 minutes, before he comes out to sit with me. Then he inevitably falls asleep within minutes. I wake him when I am ready and off to bed we go to do it all over again tomorrow. 


These last couple of years have been so very rough for us, to say the very least. We have been through some bad choices made, many moves (10 in 5 years), several down and out fights, and soon to be 4 kids in 5 years. But these things have brought us together in a way that we will never be able to part. This man has held me while I've grieved, held my hair while I've puked, and held my babies while I slept. He has brought us through the rough spots, when I have wanted to throw in the towel, he has used it to wipe up the mess. And the best part of him is that he would never know what a wonderful (not a good enough word) man he truly is. I never made a better choice than the one a made three months into knowing him. The day he was joined to me for eternity. It is a day I can only hope to be worthy of. I know my own hell would be spending eternity without him. He his my soul mate, I swear we were made to be together. I would not trade all of the comforts of this world for our life. Even if we never have another home of our own, or a couch that is not falling to pieces, even if... all of those things I would not change any of it. Because it means I get to be with him. He is mine and how proud I am of Him. I will hold my claim for him as dear to me as any treasure. I will fight for our family till the day I die, I will stand before my Savior and say we made it. I will not let myself be taken from him. He is my best friend for eternity and I will do all in my own power to keep it that way. 

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Such a sweet tribute to Joe.
And yeah, Troy and I have a blog. Our life isn't too exciting, but it's troyandjamie.blogspot.com if you feel like checking it out.

Robyn said...

What a sweet tribute Pea. You have a good man. They are priceless, and words cannot say truly how great they are. It is good to count your blessing and occasionally name them.

Lisa M. said...

I am so glad to read this Pea. Makes me smile.

I think that taking the time to articulate our feelings, makes us appreciate them more.

Thanks for the post.

Tiffany said...

Oh my...I am crying! You and Joe are perfect together and I'm so glad that you took the time to express how you feel. You are amazing! I loved LOVED seeing you the other day!!

S'mee said...

One of the best posts you've ever given us! Absolutely loved it.

Rachel said...

You are such an amazing person! Thank you for sharing you feeling about Joe. He's kind of a keeper. I miss you all soo much (look at me - I'm crying at work). I'm counting down the days till I get to see all of you. Little J has gotten so big - it'll almost be like meeting him for the first time!!! 16 days and counting...

Paul M. said...

What an awesome post! My wife and I have struggled much over the years too. I know what it's like to be a workaholic without actually being a workaholic by nature. I've been in that boat a lot myself. Obviously, your husband is a great man who does what it takes to take care of his family. You're very lucky! Keep plugging along, and at some point your struggles today will be old memories, and you'll be amazed by how far you've progressed, and how much life has improved. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true! Great post! Thanks!