Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How wonderful

                      If you did not get a chance to see woman's conference go here to see it. 


     I am so excited to write this post even if it is a little bit late coming. I just love Woman's Conference! It happens once a year and, what an incredible thing to be a part of. It is so fun to it in the chapel or in our homes or even if you are lucky in the conference center. and think "I am a part of a worldwide organization that is specifically designed to enrich and uplift the world. And the thing that makes us so very different from so many other organizations out there is that we have a divine, loving Father in Heaven who is guiding us though direct inspiration to our leaders, who share all they have with us. Once a year imagine how many women are sitting all over the world waiting to hear what they need to do, to get direction from the leaders who love them. All of us waiting together to be inspired to "be a little better"
For a few weeks I have been praying for those who will be speaking at conference this year. There are some things I have been hoping to hear this go around and for myself, I got what I needed. 
I thought I would share a few things I learned with all of you. 
     First of all I thought it was so wonderful when Sister Beck called her counselors and board members "women of STATURE and ABILITY." I have never thought of those two words together before, but what a great statement to try to achieve. 
     I was so glad to hear her talk about the Relief Society all over the world being a great group of women and then telling us it was time for us "to fulfill our purpose as never before" Can you imagine what that means, I thought of the pioneer women who worked every day to help each other and themselves to build up the kingdom of God. They did so much and now I am wondering what we will be asked to do this year that we have not been doing, or been doing well enough. For me I put together the end of her talk where she said "We have to seek, receive, and act on personal revelation" She went on to tell us that we have to be STILL ad QUIET enough to hear it. She told us all that this "requires serious mental effort" I was thinking, for me this means I need to surround myself with less noise. My kids are noisy enough on there own, it doesn't hep my frustration levels to have any extra noise! I will be turning off the extra stuff, even when it is just music I don't need to have it on all the time, and the T.V. wow,  I am so done with that one! 
     Sister Beck told us all (and I think this goes with the fulfilling our purpose) that "the priesthood AND the women need to catch the spirit of relief society. I am so grateful that I married a man who understands the importance of having "both of the hoods" (priesthood and womanhood) as he calls it work together. I have never really thought that there may be some people out there who may not be so lucky. I hope there are not too many of them, and I hope this part of Sister Beck's talk comes together soon. 
     I am going to quit for now and continue with the rest of the meeting tomorrow, and the next day, and probably the next day. I hope to gather your thoughts so I can continue to contemplate the things we all have been taught! So lets start with sister Becks talk and tomorrow we will go on to Sister Allred.

1 comments:

Mandi said...

I feel it is so important to let it be quiet. It is a very hard thing for me to do. I have noticed a lot lately that i always have noise on. I need quiet time. Just to think and ponder the things that are so important, and what I should/could be doing better. The part about acting really struck me, Because i always get the inspiration, but have a difficult time acting. You got so much more out of it then I did. I was in a mood that night and struggling with some things, and those were all i could focus on. It was a great talk. Thanks so much for sharing..