Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween weekend... Our CrAzIeSt weekend!!

It begins with Michael's birthday. He was born Halloween morning during the Regis and Kelly costume parade. So that is how we have started his birthday every year. We watch the show. But this year we started even earlier because Dad did not have to be at work until eight so we all rode over to the doughnut factory at 6:45 and got some breakfast with dad. Then we headed over to walmart to pick up our "fix up the costume supplies." We got home just in time to have a doughnut picnic while watching the show. Then we got to work cleaning up the house so we could fix the costumes. 


Michael insisted on a costume he loved, but had one little problem, it was 2 sizes too small. He could get it on but, barely. It went up his "middle parts" so bad I was surprised he could walk. So I had to detach the attached hood, and cut out the crotch as good as I could without "his middle parts" being seen by the whole neighborhood. Then we had to turn Ora's backyardigans costume into a pink dinosaur. So I cut off the antenna and added foam spikes all down the back. I have to say thank you to Aunt Cristen who sent up Jordan's costume. It was great not having to fix one of them.  They ended up pretty darn cute.
 

Joe took the kids trick or treating, and I had to stay home. (boo hoo) I thought he would go to a few houses and then come home. But, he was gone for over an hour with them. It was so cute. He got home from work just as it was getting dark so he did not even get a shower or even a chance to change his clothes when off they went. When they did get home they had their candy inspected and broke into a few pieces. Then it was present time. He got a nerf basketball hoop (which I will say Jordan got to and today the ball is no longer a ball but a victim of a dinosaur attack), and a power ranger dart shooter, and of course he got his skateboard. I will admit I did not think he was ready to have. Moms are too scared.

 
I will post about Saturday later because it was our first real coupon mom day and boy oh boy did I have blast getting cheap and even free things all day. 

Sunday was our birthday party day We went to church where Michael got up in front of the primary to be sung to. For Michael this is huge. Last week he did the primary program and this week in front of the primary. I am feeling very hopeful for him going to school this year. We got home from church and we just hung out for a while and then I got really sick and went to lay down for what I could swear was like 20 minutes, but it was really 2 1/2 hours. By the time I woke, It was six and time to be doing the party. So we hurried and put the cake together and sang happy birthday and had cake and ice cream. I felt so bad we did not get to do more because I had fallen asleep but, Michael loved it and I guess that is all that matters.



4 comments:

The Jones's said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love how Michael's costume comes up so high on his legs. My husband wore the same Dinosaur costume for many years. It was blue, and his mother had made it. Very cool. :) Are you doing okay? I can't believe how close we both are!

Robyn said...

What a great day! Hopefully Michael understood that this would be the last year int hat costume!

The Pea said...

I made it very clear this was the one and only time he would be wearing that costume!! He has asked since and "I am not sure where it went"???

Cristen said...

Your kids are so cute and so happy. Ora's costume turned out so cute and you continue to amaze me with what you did to Michaels to make it work. So stinkin' cute.