Thursday, November 06, 2008

8 days!!

It is a done deal. The doctor has scheduled my induction for next Friday! I cannot wait. Although an induction is not what I planned I am glad to not be worried about this anymore! I can't help myself from looking up all of the horrible things that can go wrong when you have a placenta abruption. I keep thinking everything that hurts is going to start me bleeding to death! 


I love having babies, the transition that takes place between heaven and earth is such an amazing moment to participate in! For me it brings an even bigger moment. I never feel my Father as close to me as when I bring a baby into the world. I swear you can still feel his arms on my babies when they come. I can almost smell him on them. My mom gets to hold them first she drinks them in and I watch as her and my dad dance together at the end of my hospital bed. My mom leaves this earth for a few minutes and my dad joins her in whatever realm they enter. I watch as she embraces and smells them for a few minutes before handing my child over to 
me. I am looking forward to this more than anything else. The joy that enters the room as Dad comes in to visit for just as long as he can stay. 

 

He stays with me for the first few months after they are born. I am not a good mom at night, I have gotten better but still waking me up is not a good thing for anyone no not even my newborns, so since I had Michael 5 years ago my Dad has made sure I was already awake before my kids started crying. Every time. I wake up, even if just for a few seconds, before they cry. Then in the moments where I cannot take anymore in the night I kneel down say a prayer and ask my Father in Heaven to send my Earthy father to come and sing to his grandchild. I then get up lay down my baby and leave the room. (I do not abuse this because it has worked every time) I sit outside the door as in just a few seconds this baby who has been crying for hours calms and falls asleep, I hum the lullaby my dad wrote and listen closely to my baby falling asleep to what I know is there grandpa's  familiar and calming voice. I am so excited to get not only Abigail here but Dad as well. 
8 more days!!

11 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Yay! Yay! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to be done, but I think you seem way more ready than I. So, good luck, you'll be in my prayers.

Goonie1313 said...

Ok thanks for bringing in the tears. I love those pictures of Mom with the babies. You are a fantastic mom who has a fantastic husband who is a fantastic dad. You both have a fantastic family and Abigail is lucky to be coming to you. Enjoy the little piece of heaven in your home while it lasts. It is my favorite part of those first couple of months, I love you and can not wait to meet you newest angel

Goonie1313 said...

that gooni1313 comment is from Cristen. Bobby was signed in to his account and I did not know it.

S'mee said...

a sweet post! I'm excited for you all!

tmg_founder said...

Sacred moments, almost to good to share. Thank you Pea, for letting us in for just a few moments. I just wish it were different, as I know you do too.

tmg_founder said...

oh heck, me and cristen suffering the same fate, it's Robyn not the big guy!

Lisa M. said...

I call them closet moments.

Those tiny little parts of our lives we don't share with just everyone.

Thank you-

Oh how neat.

Good luck to you.

Brianna said...

Sorry I haven't read this until now. I am with the rest of them... crying...what a special time for you and I am so greatful for the gospel that we are able to be close to the ones we love the most at these scared moments. Thank you for sharing. Love you, and we will be thinking about you.

Marianne said...

I can't wait! I'll for sure be up to see you.

Unknown said...

Yay! The countdown! Only 4 days now! Good luck!

A Sharing Heart said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful feelings and experiences with us. I love the pictures of your mother, I love her so much! Your family is very dear to me.I loved giving birth for that same reason, the veil is so thin. Enyoy the time with your parents.