Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sorry No pictures.... Yet

Abigail La Nore Short was born Friday November 14th at 6:15 pm.

She weighs 7 lbs and is 19 inches long. She has the most beautiful black hair all over her head. Getting her here was so very hard and I was not sure why I felt so scared until things came to light at the delivery. I had that weird placenta abruption diagnosis that the doctor never really knew if it was a true abruption or not. And I just never felt "good" about her being safe. Not the whole time I was pregnant. I justified it by saying I was just nervous about the birth and not having my family here with me. But I know now it was the Holy Ghost driving me to a hospital to deliver. 
With every contraction I had Abby's heart rate would drop, not enough to worry us for a while but, enough that the Doctors and Nurses were watching for it when she arrived. She was born Sunny side up with the cord wrapped twice very tightly around her neck. She has a small heart murmur that she will have probably forever. The doctors were able to take her  to monitor her to make sure she was getting enough blood to her extremities. She is going to be just fine. But I for one am so grateful that I was able to follow the holy ghosts (along with my trained midwife who said I needed to make this decision by prayer) prompting to take her to a hospital where all of these things compounded together did not do her any damage. Mommy's doing well too. Having her born face up did one heck of a number on my backside, but things will heal and all will be back to normal soon. 

Sorry no pictures I lost my camera on the way to the hospital and so my mom has to get home and email me my pictures before I can share them with you, I will do it as soon as possible. 

13 comments:

Brianna said...

Oh Pea, I am so happy for you to have her here with you all. Congratulations, and hope everything is going good. I am glad you were able to deliver at the hospital without having to worry to much about her. I can't wait to see pictures!

Robyn said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your little family! I am glad you listened to the Holy Ghost and did the right thing by going to the hospital.

Long black hair eh? Sounds like the dad gene kicked in!

Marianne said...

Wow, you're home already. Glad to hear everything is going well. Can't wait to see pictures.

Lisa M. said...

I am so glad you are both safe. I am grateful that you listened to the Holy Ghost.

Can't wait for the photos.

What a great experience.

Trent & Lindz said...

Oh I'm so happy she's here! I was thinking about you all day Friday. We're so blessed to have the Holy Ghost in our lives and to have the knowledge to recognize his promptings. What a little miracle. I can't wait to see pictures!!

The1stdaughter said...

I couldn't stop thinking about you on Friday and I am so glad to hear that everything went relatively well. I can't wait to see pictures!

PS...I hope the chocolate was good, I'm sure it made up for any discomfort...hehe.

Natalie said...

Yeah Erin! Congrats on the little baby! I am so glad that you are done and hope that you will start feeling better...Congrats again! Call me if you need anything...Natalie Lyman

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am glad she's ok, and you. Can't wait to see pictures..

A Sharing Heart said...

You were in my thoughts Friday as well. I even called mom to see if she had heard anything. I am so glad everything is over and mom and baby are doing well. Take care of you!

Humes Family said...

congrats!! we are so excited for the family and can't wait to see her!

S'mee said...

Pea we are so happy and excited for you all! Take care kiddo and heal quickly. Take in lots of snuggles and cuddles and know we are thinking of you all!

Gillian said...

Woohoo!!! I am so excited for you guys, glad to hear all is doing well. I would love to see the black hair!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats!!! Thank heaven for the H.G. right?! Can't wait to see pics - woo-hoo!