Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our gratitude Tree


We have sprouted a tree on my living room wall. It's made out of left over brown fabric and paper. It is the most beautiful tree I have ever seen. It is filled with the things my little family is grateful for. Aunt Dixie put up a post a while ago about having a gratitude tree for thanksgiving. And I loved it. So for Family Home Evening the first week in Nov. we began. We cut out the tree and taped up our first few leaves. Now when people come over they can add to our tree the things that they are thankful for. My mom put up a few that are great. But, I really don't have anyone else coming so I thought I would throw it out to you all. Leave me a comment and I will add all of your thankful thoughts to my tree. And then you can be with me all through this season. I will post a picture of our tree at the end of the month and we will see how many leaves grow inside my house as the leaves outside fall.



7 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

What a great idea... I am grateful for my savior and all the blessing he brings into my life.

Marianne said...

I'm thankful for all the usual things....and fondue.

Tiffany said...

What a fantastic idea! You are such a great mom! I'm thankful for families, great friends, and forgiveness (because I have many weaknesses!!)

Marianne said...

MMM. fondue. Which we need to have sometime soon.

The Pea said...

mmmm..... yes we do marianne!

Lisa M. said...

Oh I love it! Love it. We have done this before,and it is so great.

What lessons you are teaching your little ones.

Robyn said...

Fondue?! Yes, that's a blessing. Chocolate. And best of all families and new babies.