Monday, November 24, 2008

Fondue sure is Fun-to-do!!

You all already know I'm a dork!!!


One of my favorite things in all of the world I owe to my friend Marianne! She and I met in Vegas right after I had Michael. We were living in the same condo development and we practically lived at each others house for a while! Then I moved to my house(UGH), Mark (her hubby) graduated from UNLV and she moved to Utah, and we followed a while later. But way back in Vegas We were invited to dinner at Marrianne's house. We entered and saw for the first time A big pile of raw meat sitting on the table! AACK!!! Right next to the meat was a bowl overflowing with pieces of bread. What were we going to do.... I will say Joe tightened up a little bit. Raw meat and bread??? but we stuck it out to see what it was and fell in love with our new favorite treat! Fondue done right. Before this experience the only thing I knew about fondue was chocolate! And now a few years later we are getting it down to a science. 

We start by deciding who will host the event. Who gets to clean and who pack up there laundry basket to head over to the others house. Then we divide the shopping list. I will bring meat, bread, bananas, apples, strawberries, sour cream french onion dip, ect... Then we get together and laugh and talk while we all get a little bit fatter. And by fatter I mean seriously drunk on happiness and carmel. 

Last night we got together to do it again.  Heres some memories from the night. 
Okay this one has nothing to do with fondue. But, I saw this moto bike trailer. It was so funny Joe said "The guy goes into the trailer shop and says give me a trailer for my bike nothing else, not a gas can not a rope, just my bike."



Prep for fondue means cutting the french bread into bite size peices!


Close up of the table, We had a blue cheese and a more traditional fondue cheese made with Emmentaler and Gruyere YUMMM!!!! Oil in the middle for perfect meat sour cream dip for the meat to the back, Chocolate and carmel on the sides with the fruit surrounding!  I almost forgot the best drink to go with fondue is grape cool aid!



Mark already cooking meat for the kids Joe's hands ready and rearing to go!!


Collin after he got done with his strawberries! So stinking cute, he kept rubbing his poor little eyes and making the strawberry juice pain worse. 

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey! Didn't Troy and I come over once for one of your parties? Very fun! And yummy!

S'mee said...

This sounds like tremendous fun, I wish I could have been there!

The1stdaughter said...

Looks like fun!

PS...My friend Abbie is trying to get in touch with you about the auction item you won. Just go to her site and contact her.
http://therufeners.blogspot.com/

Brianna said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! We do fondue parties all the time, well not so much anymore. We would invite a ton of people over and have a blast with the fondue pots. I love it.

Marianne said...

We had such a good time. Let's do it again soon!

Robyn said...

Looks like fun! Nice to have great friend snearby!