Friday, October 31, 2008

My baby is 5 today



This picture was taken when he was 16 months old and I still love it today! I cannot believe he is five years old. When he was born the first thing I said when I saw him was "Man he is old" I know he has been waiting for a very long time to take his turn on earth. I knew it from the moment I first looked at him. I could feel his soul, so much older than mine staring straight through me. My mom and I both looked at each other and said man, he is going to be a challenge. He has been. He hated being a baby! I have never seen such and angry baby as he was. I think he just could not handle the lack of control he felt inside that new body he did not understand. He cried from the day he was born until the day he walked at 8 months old. And I am not kidding if he was not eating, and even then not always he was not happy. In fact one day I turned on the vacuum and just let it run so he would calm down. I must have just passed out completely Because I woke up (who know how much later) to my vacuum on fire in the middle of the living room. And once I got it out he woke up and screamed some more. The first time he slept for more than 45 minutes was when he was 6 months old. He fell asleep in my favorite chair while I was cleaning up his room. I left him there, again fell asleep on the couch and woke up 3 hours later sure he was dead. I ran as fast as I could to his room and there he was still asleep he slept another 3 hours and did not do it agin till he was 9 months old, when he finally slept all night. Again I thought he was dead for sure. 
Today he is five and still a challenge every day. He has taught himself how to read and now has to stop and read everything. He sucks up knowledge like you would not believe, in fact he came up to me yesterday and told me how he learned the vowels on Seaseme street. One episode and he knows them all and that "if two vowels go a walking the first one does the talking" I am sure I knew that rule but, he taught it to me. 
I know for a fact he will some day soon invent a "machine" (as he calls it) that will clean his room for him. He will get a microscope and a telescope and "his life will be perfect." What five year old wants to cut bug in half and put them under a microscope? He does not buy, the Santa Clause thing and I am sure he will tell his friends all about how we just pretend for fun. Because he learned no one can live in the north pole. (this is getting long)

I will end with, how much I love this kid! I tell him everyday how glad I am he was my first baby, And I really am. No other person could have prepared me for him. He is so special, he loves his sister and brother, and swears he will learn to love Abby, as soon as he gets to meet her. But "Jordan will be her best friend" He is absolutely fabulous! The best Biggest kid a family could ask for. 
Happy Birthday BUG!!! I love you!!!


2 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday to you big boy! What a great brother he is. Looking to see great things from him in the future!

Rachel said...

That kid is one-of-a-kind. He is much older and wiser than his few years. I am amazed by him.

I can imagine him in the pre-existence...older than all of us... but knowing he had to come later... He proves the whole pre-existence theory... You know what I mean?

Actually, all your kids are kinda like that! Michael more so - but he's the oldest...

I can't wait to meet Abby!!!