Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PHEW!!!

Thank you to everyone who sweated this out with me today! I just heard from Joe and at least for now things look good for him. No one in our area was laid off. But 98 other people in Las Vegas, Pheonix, and California were not so lucky. My heart aches for them and for all of the other people all over the country who are afraid. We are not out of the woods, there is still a long way to go before the whole country comes out of this "dip" or whatever they are calling it. And the construction industry is really hurting. I don't feel 100% safe, and how sad is that. I have a husband who goes to work everyday and works hard for a company he has been with for 6 years and I still am worried that we could loose everything in the blink of an eye. 


How fast things can change! I really do feel so sad for all of the people in this country who are not as lucky as I was today. Here in Salt Lake the homeless shelters are filled and overflowing, I know the people in them are families who are just like mine. Good, hard working, regular folks who have had to suffer from this downward spiral WE are ALL on. Weather we feel it or not we are all sliding down. 
I hope we can all come together and make better decisions for our futures. Once again I am drawn to the gospel even more, how blessed I am to know that I have a family who I know would come through for me. I have a husband who would work ten jobs and go with no sleep to support this family, and if he really could fin nothing.. I could go and live with any of them and they would take me in and help us for as long as they could. How blessed I am to know that as I cling to the core of the gospel I will be taken care of always. We will be okay even if we have to go to a shelter or live in a box, we will still read our scriptures and say our prayers and teach our children that the Lord will take care of us. We would pay our tithing on the pennies we found in the gutter if we had to. I know this would never happen but, I do know it is what I would do. How grateful I am that I do know that!! I know as long as I know this anything can be overcome and be made for my good!

Once again thank you to everyone who said prayers for my family today I know this has opened my eyes to see that I need to be praying for all those out there who are not as lucky as I was today!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Thank goodness, and thank goodness for families. I am in that boat right now, cause if we were living in Utah we might just be one of those in a shelter. So I am grateful to my family and know that if I go down they are there to pick me up. Thanks for the update.

A Sharing Heart said...

I am so grateful, we have been through this several times and it is not a fun thing to go through. But, I do know that the Lord is always in control. As you said we will always be taken care off. He knows us by name and He knows our needs. We must never lose our hope.

S'mee said...

Awesome. Time for thanks!