Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What Economy??

It came down today! Sunstate the, company Joe works for, will be joining the ranks of so many others. Today begins layoffs and then the canceling of all Christmas parties and retreats planned for the near future. 

I have no idea what this will mean for our family. We have been doing so much better with our money lately but are no where near ready for Joe to be out of work. It looks good for him, He has been with his job for 6 years, he does the best job of any of the driver here. He knows the rules, has never had a ticket, accident, or complaint against him.  Which for a guy who drives all day every day says a ton. I am hoping the company will overlook the fact that he is the highest paid and realize he is the best guy to keep around. I guess we shall see. I can honestly say I have never been so worried than I am right now. I know we will survive, we have and will continue to survive. 
What is so funny about this is that it still does not make me want to vote. I have (seriously for the first time in my life) no clear choice to make. I do not believe for a second that anyone who gets this job will be able to turn things around before it gets far worse for everyone.  
But, at least I have one more reason to hold strong to the core values of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe we are guided by a true and loving Father in Heaven, he has warned all of us that this was coming. And he has helped us know how to prepare to overcome when it does come our way. Please say a little prayer for me and my Joe, yes he does not  love his job, but we need him to keep it.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

Stress that is not needed for you at this time. We will pray for you and think happy thoughts, I am sure he will be ok on the job front, well at least it sounds like it. I do agree they have been telling us about these problems for awhile now. The gospel is true it is as simple as that. Love you girl, keep being you!

Cristen said...

You are both in my prayers. Joe is an awesome worker with good work ethic and he is incredibly reliable. If they get rid of him they are crazy. And I will stop renting equipment for sunstate:). Wish I really could do that last part.

Robyn said...

Oh Pea, you are definitely in our prayers!

S'mee said...

We will be praying for both you and the company...as in "help them have enough profit and good sense to keep their employees."

Call if you need to vent!

Unknown said...

Prayer vibes comin' at ya!