Friday, January 30, 2009

Modern Blessings

     Yesterday afternoon I started to feel a little badly, my throat started to hurt and I started to get a headache. I kept feeling a little bit worse all evening. By the time my kids were in bed My head was pounding and I was feeling dizzy. The baby took a while to get to sleep and I was sobbing by the time I finally collapsed into bed. I just hate feeling sick. It does not happen to me, (unless I am pregnant, I know LOL, I've been pregnant for the past 5 years) not even a cold for a long time. I am SO not good at being sick. In fact I am a bigger baby than most men, I can give my husband a run for his money. The problem is I do it in my head. I don't complain to him, or really anyone, I will say I don't feel good but I don't ask for help I just stew in my own head and expect everyone I know to drop everything they are doing and come running soup in hand. Yes, even those of you who live thousands of miles away. Didn't you sense I needed someone to come hold my baby last night? 

I know I am ridiculous!!! So funny, but I am serious I do really expect soup from everyone without them even knowing I am under the weather..... and I get upset when no one shows up. I know I am a drama queen. 
So the end of the story is this. I sat in misery all morning. I just spent the morning laying on the couch (waiting for my soup to show up) when it hit me. Like a THUNDERBOLT!! Hello smart people invented an amazing little pill that you can swallow and make everything all better. So yes, I packed up my kids and headed out to the store, picked up my pills and swallowed. Now it is 4 hours later. I still do not feel great. But, I just thought I would let you know that you are all off of the hook. Joe is bringing home soup and putting me to bed early. No more pity party because I let Joe know FINALY that I needed him and he of course is rising to the occasion. I have figured out that telepathy is not going to work for me so I will be better at letting people know when I need them. And I will remember the little orange and blue pills more quickly next time. 

5 comments:

S'mee said...

ugh. So sorry you feel bad. The pits when no one around you is psychic, dang. As for me, I am never without a bag of frozen peas in the freezer for just such days. You'd be amazed at how well they make a head feel. Combine a bag of frozen peas( on your head) with a couple of magic pills (in your tummy with a glass of milk to keep it settled) and give your self 20 minutes to feel like a human again. Not great, but at least human.

Feel better kid.

A Sharing Heart said...

Why is it so hard to ask for Help? None of us do it and most of us are like you. We think that people should know and be there. We have a wonderful organization in the church that we can call upon when help is needed. Isn't that what it is for to help each other in all cases. Why then can't we let our pride go and just ask. I am with you, I don't ask either, I just sit and feel sorry for myself. You are a mother with small children, you deserve the help, and need it! Just ask! I do hope you are feeling better tonight. I will send good thought your way. Love you.

Sally said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa M. said...

I'll have to give S'mee's suggestion a try!

I hate not feeling well. I am sorry you find yourself ick.

I'm the worst, loudest complainer in the whole world when I am sick.

Just ask the bozark~!

Alison Wonderland said...

When you're sick all you want id your mommy. Which is what makes being sick suck so much when you are the mommy.