Friday, January 23, 2009

FOUND IT

Finally, I was on my last load of laundry today and there it was next to my washing machine. The cord for my camera. I have been so excited to share what I was up to before I left town to bless Abby. So here are my latest projects....

I made this bow holder for Ora after I got really annoyed searching through a bin for bows. I just took an expanded shelf type frame and added ribbons to hang her bows on. And now that we have a baby I needed a spot for headbands?? I attached two looped ribbons and a wooden rod and now I don't have to waist time searching, I can waist it doing fun hair instead. 


My Aunt Lora had a measuring stick like this with her family and I have always wanted one. When I realized Michael was 5 years old and I still hadn't done it I figured I better before it was too late. So off to lowe's to by a 4x2 by like 6 1/2 piece of pretty wood. I brought it home and marked the measuring tape then just added some cute little wooden guys to give it some pazzaz. Now wherever we move our kids growing notches will follow us.  



Now for the BIG ONE. I had a friend in my ward mention that she had a dresser that was in pretty bad shape but, worked still and would anyone be able to use it. OF COURSE I will take anything so I went and picked it up. It was not as bad as she made it out to be. I wish I had thought to take a before picture. (sorry) Just an older particle board dresser. with a plastic top that had a dent in it. I could not refinish it because sanding was not an option. So I brought out the Modge Podge and some scrape book paper and went to work.  I did sand it down a little so the modge podge would adhere and so I could kind of white wash it. I was not sure if it would work but as you can see it did. 



At first I thought I would replace the handles but, after I dipped them in glitter there was no turning back.
 I hand ripped the edge of the paper so it did not have to be perfect I think I turned out so cute, I hope it lasts for a very long time. 



11 comments:

S'mee said...

First off I am in love with the glittered handles, oh my heck they are cute! The dresser looks amazing, what a terrific idea! I am very impressed with all the projects, just fabulous!

The Pea said...

I am so happy with the handles as well. I was going to trash them and now they are my favorite part of the room!

Natalie said...

ok..you are so creative! I love all those things you have done! I love the dresser handles to! Did the cd of the pictures of Abby work on your computer? I hope that they turned out like you wanted!

The Pea said...

5 boys- YES they are beautiful, I am posting them next!!

The1stdaughter said...

Very cute projects! I especially liked the measuring stick idea. I may have to incorporate that one into our household. Thanks for the ideas!

Robyn said...

Very cute! I love that you are so creative and willing to give it a try! Your results speak for themselves.

Marianne said...

Dang, you're crafty. I love the glitter handles. Way to take something that would have been thrown away, and make it cute. They're my favorite part too.

Trent & Lindz said...

So cute! That's all I can say!

Jenessa said...

Very cute!!!

Tiffany said...

Seriously, you are crafty! I'm so impressed! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Sally said...

How fun! I never would have thought of cover a dresser like that...what a great idea!