Tuesday, January 13, 2009

For my own good

As for my trip and the dresser pictures I will be doing that when I find the cord to my camera. Pray I find it I have so many pictures on my camera I can't wait to share! 


But, I am so happy to share this story with you all. Two years ago a day like to day would have broke me down to tears but not today!

Today I am happy I'm doing okay
Even if bad news came running my way
The check cleared the bank for someone unintended 
The Landlord called saying it needs to be mended.

I knew some mean people are out and about
But, I didn't know to be on the lookout.
Two years ago to my bed would I run
I'd call up my mom, break down and just bum!

Today I just answered him back let me see
Called up the bank, got them working for me
Funds are now frozen investigating getting done
Not a tear being shed NOT A SINGLE ONE!!

This last week in gospel doctrine we read about Joseph Smith in Liberty jail. Having been torn from his family and thrown into a prison  that was a filthy hole in the ground. During this time he calls out to God and pretty much says "why me" and the Lord answers him saying No matter what you are called to go through I will make you stronger for it, because the son of God has felt everything you have felt. He knows what you are going through and he can help you to be stronger because of it. In section 122 of the Doctrine and Covenants the Lord lists things that he could be called to go through. He says if you are torn from your son at the point of a sword and he is calling out to you the whole while, if you are accused and tormented and dragged around like a lamb being chased by wolves, he knows it all. Vs. 8 says "The Son of man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he." (vs.7) "all these things shall be for thy experience , and shall be for thy good."

Now I am not comparing myself to Joseph Smith, but I have come today to be extremely grateful for what I have been asked to go through these past few years. Let me just say that the downturn of the financial market has not left me and my family out. We have seen a few stormy days. And we have come through them all a little bit stronger than we were before. So today when I got the call saying that it was not my landlord who cashed my rent check, but some creepy person who thinks nothing of others. And hopefully really needed this money. Seriously I can not see how my rent was worth that sin.... Oh well, I am so proud to say I did not freak out just mended it and moved on. And yes I am very grateful to the landlord who is going to let me break up rent for this and next month over a few weeks until the bank can get the money back where it belongs.
 I am so happy to know that I have a Father in Heaven and a Savior who love me and they know what is best for me. Even if it sucks at the time, even if I tend to get on my knees and complain a little too much. They have a perfect plan in an imperfect world. And they are making me into who I am destined to be. I only hope I can live up to there expectations. 

4 comments:

Natalie said...

how did someone else get your rent check? that is so creepy! I missed little Ora on Sunday and all of her spunk! Glad that you guys made it home safe..will the bank be able to identify who cashed the check?

S'mee said...

What a great poem and post!

I am crossing my fingers for that cord!!!

Unknown said...

I too am with S'mee. Goodness. Hopefully you will get your cord found. It drives me nuts, when I can't find stuff like that. I am the worst one too at losing it.

What a freak, who dared mess with you.

Good for you Pea. You're a strong formidable woman. Your strength is evident.

I love that about you. I admire that you keep on ticking.

So glad you enjoyed your trip.

Welcome back.

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm so with you, hoping that they really needed it and that stealing that money was really worth it to them, I do the same thing. But I hope it all works out even better for you.