Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Primary overload



I got called to be the new primary secretary in our brand new recently split ward! Holy Cow!! It just may kill me, at least the next few weeks while every week every thing has to be re- done to make the changes we come up with at the meetings. Not only did the ward change but we went to a new building, so now for two weeks we have had to change up room assignments (the valiant 10's in a room with a nursery table and toys that is kind of funny) And No one is accepting the callings so we have been working off of subs. We are all trying our very best but, I feel like The president and I are shouldering the brunt of the work. I want to say "and what will you be doing" every time I get a call or email form one of the counselors. Oh well, just needed to release some stress. Now I will get back to fixing the signs for the doors and then I will call subs again,and then I need to put together the fathers day gift for the bishop.... I guess I have lees time today than I thought. BYE

1 comments:

S'mee said...

I have to tell you, imho, the secretary can be the biggest help or the least involved player on the team. I am glad that you are the help. It stinks though when you get the bulk of the work. I worry about the secretary in our organization. She is FABULOUS, however the Pres. has a tendancy to treat her as a "business" secretary if that makes sense. Kind of detatched and very formal, and hasn't yet (again in my opinion) made her feel like she can interject an opinion that doesn't directlt relate to her "secretarial" skills. She is a work horse and has great ideas but she gets all the "call these people and set it up. Make sure all this is copied and filed. Make sur the power point is set up when we arrive." That kind of stuff makes me nuts. I want to scream that she IS the secretary, but she has more imput than wat comes across on a computer or telephone. ugh.

SOrry for the rant, just another secretary abuse story! lol And FYI I am SURE your pres is delirious that she has you in there helping her bear the load. Good luck kid.