Monday, June 18, 2007

Haapy Birthday Mom







Mom I wish I had the words to say
To thank you on this special day

To tell you what you mean to me
You made me who I want to be

When you were born who knew the road
you wander would seem so very slow

"Been through so much", they seem to say
As you travel along your way
Your smile does deceive them so
You as special you would hat to show

But to me you are as rare as sand
That turns to pearl within Gods hand

You've been both the sculpture and the clay
Seen the child and the mothers day

And what a mother you have been
Even on the days you were pecked like a hen

Grace is the word that got you through
Pink is the color I think of for you

A lady you were and will always be
Even if I did end up as the pea

I wish I was there to see you cheer
to watch the candle flame disappear

But from afar I want to say
I'm so glad you were born
On this special day.








2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Ah, I hope she does have a happy happy birthday.

Robyn said...

I always want to send her a bunch of daisies. I just don't want to bring her down on her day, so I never do. I just remember that's what dad would have done/did every year. I'm glad you included them on the cake. I hope she had a good day.