Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kindness of Strangers




Just when you thought no one cared.....


I sold some things on EBAY like I always do. Whenever I am sick of somthing the first thing I do is put it on EBAY and if it does not sell then I give it to charity. Well I listed a bunch of stuff last week and made some money so yesterday I went to print out shipping labels and set up post office pick up and of course, I have lost the cord to my printer. So I had to take all of my shipments to the post office. With my three kids.


I fed the baby before we left and told my kids that if they were good for me in the post office I would get them a special drink when we got home. (that usually works) Well not only did the baby start screeming the second we walked through the door but my children started running, jumping, climbing and screaming in the office. Then after I had everything labeled and the costums forms filled out I got up to the window only to find that I had put my two international shipments in the worng boxes. At this point I was ready to just break down and cry....

I hear a voice behind me, the kind man took my packages and not only re boxed them but labeled them for me too so I could hold my baby. IT did not end there my children started to pull boxes off of the walls and he startred to play with them and put the boxes back while I waited for my change. He was next in line but stepped out to help me turning his two mintue post office stop into a ten minute stop.


So to the man who took the time to save my sanity today I say thank you so much. It was just what I needed to make me feel the world is not such a bad place to be after all.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Thanks Pea! I love to hear these kinds of stories. The kindness of strangers can never be overstated.

Laura said...

I love the idea of "paying it forward..." It's like a sudden blessing being handed to you, right when you think you are going to lose it, and it's usually something so small, and simple, but means so much.

Lisa M. said...

I love it.

Very neat.