Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Did I shrink and move in to the freezer???

Well here I am in Slat Lake City (really Draper) and I am so cold!!! The other day the weather girl was smiling cheerfully and with a stright face said "A warm front is moving in we could see 35 by the end of the week"
To which I would like to reply "HEY IDIOT!!! 35 degrees is NOT a warm front!!"

Allright enough complaing about the weather. I think I am going to like it here. Once I figure out the grid system of the roads. I am learning that 12300 S. is pronounced 123rd S. and it is 123 blocks S. of Temple square. The worst part of these roads is that they have double named them like state street is also a number. So I get to an intersection and pass the street I needed because dunb me was acctually looking for the name of the street. Wait a minute that does not make me dumb.... does it?

My ward seems great. I am sure I will get a calling soon and then I will start to make new friends. I am looking forward to that. I never really have needed a ton of friends becuase I always had my sisters (I even graduated high school with one) but, I am hoping to fall in love with the other women here. I hope I get put into a challanging calling so that I can keep busy. I would like to be forced to get to know the ward. I guess we will see.

I do miss my family and I will admit that I still feel like lying down and giving up some days, and screaming for my mommy to come and get me. Like when my two little rascles climbed up onto my piano to see the snow and tripped, they got caught up in the blinds and both of there arms got rope burned by the blind cord. And of course two days ago when My little boy climbed onto the table and whacked his head open By the time I found a hospital (3 hrs later) it was too late to be stiched so I turned around and brought him right back home. But, I got home from wherever I was!!! Small accomplishments mean allot!!

So my house is unpacked, the laundry is done, and I hope I will be back in the swing of life as soon as possible!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Welcome backPea! Glad the move went well and you're settling in. Um, someone forgot to tell ya - 35 is warm up there!

S'mee said...

Oh I am so glad to hear from you! Congratulations on the successful move. Sorry about the weather. See you soon!