Friday, December 22, 2006

Have a Great Weekend

I am looking forward to this weekend and Dreading at all at the same time. I get to spend Saturday baking with my mom. Every year I give out goodie plates to my friends and this year I am not going to let a little thing, like a two wekk old, stop me. I am making several things.I hope to get chronicler's Spritz cookie recipie. I will do No- bake cookies for my prince, my grandmas carmel, Winter mint cookies,(these are devils food with a york patty on top...YUM!!!!) Pepermint bark, and of course fudge. I will put up a picture of the finished product later.

I have feeling this day will be bitter sweet. I get to spend time with my mom but, at the same time I feel like I am celebrating a loss. It has been an extremly emotional week for me. Every time I see her I want to burst in to tears throw a fit on the floor, kick my feet and scream " I don't want to go, you can't make me" But, them I go back to knowing that I am not two anymore and I do want to go. Me and my children love my mom so much. My kids greet her at the door every night the same way they greet my husband. She reads them stories and wakes up with them in the night to bring them milk, and I can't help but think they are going to go through a depression when we go. I wonder if we will all spend the first weeks under a cloud. I am welling up here just thinking about going. I really don't know what I will do the first time one of my kids falls down I she doesn't come to see if they need stiches. I guess I willhave to figure it out on my own, or maybe buy a camera phone.

..... Well this blog certanly took a depressing turn, sorry about that. Back to the fun stuff.....

After baking on Sat. I have a Christmas party at my hubby's Grandparents house. The only day all year that we see any of that family (messy divorce, not nice people) But, we usually have a good time. Most people can be plesent for short periods of time.
On Sunday, I am so excited for church. Somthing about Christmas Eve is going to make it special. Not to mention I get to dress my little girl up for the ossasion which is ALWAYS fun (can you say human doll) Then I am going to go to my families Christmas Eve party, an anual event that I will miss the most for Chirstmas. We all get together and do the nativity, sing songs, eat wonderfull food, exchange gifts, and just have a great time. After that we all come back to my moms to open our Christmas P.J.'s. and go to bed.
When Chirstmas morning comes it is all about my kids. We open gifts and then go to Another grandmas house for breakfast. After that we all come home and play all day untill Grandpa gets off work (Bummer for him) then we will go and do presents there.
I hope you all get as excited thinking about your upcoming weekend as I do. Have a very Merry Christmas. Remember the Savior and make him the center of your day.

0 comments: