Wednesday, January 17, 2007

If you can do it I can (Mabye)

100 things about me!......

1. If I did not know the story of why I have the name I do I would hate it. But because my Dad came bursting into the hospitl four days afrter I was born saying it over and over I love it!
2. I'm afraid my daughter will feel the same way about her name.
3. I do not like to drive unless I am totally alone on a dark road.
4. I wanted to be Anne from Anne of green gables when I was growing up.
5. I would dance on my toes all day if I did not have flat feet. Forcing myself to try it as a teenager has messed up my feet.
6. I truley know where I am going when I die! And I cannot wait to get there.
7. I can name at least 300 people who love me, some of them may not know me very well but they all love me very much
8. I love all of them too.
9. I am addicted to words. *Boggle, or scrabble anyone?*
10. I love boardgames and my husband get forced to play them with me... (even the kids games like candy land and operation).. he can't wait for my son to start playing them with me.
11. I love Diet Coke, not becuase of the taste so much as the fact that It makes me feel older because my mom drank it all my life.
12. I want to do everything!!!!
13. I make the best no bake cookies in the world!!
14. I read my biology book for fun
15. I am not a newborn person I like to be able to have my kids tell me what is wrong (took that one from Smee)
16 That being said I am facinated by birth. The whole process of making a baby is amazing
17. I do not know how you could have carried I child and not belive in God.
18.One day I will be a midwife!
19. I love to go to the movies even though I have not been to one in a year.
20. I hate that I can't have a movie channel at my house because the dirty shows come on it too.
21. I love my husband more deeply than my kids and am not ashamed to say it!!! (They will be sealed to someone else someday)
22. I know the gosple of Jesus Christ is true!! And knowing that has saved my life.
23. I know where I would be if I was not a member of the church and it is not pretty.
24. I try very hard to love my in-laws!
25. This list is harder than I thought it would be.
26. I could eat more at one sitting than you think I could be looking at me.
27. I know I have way more in common with my Dad than my mom. But, that does not mean I love him any more than her.
28. I wonder who I would have been if I had known my dad at all.
29. I miss my Dad more every single day.
30. I have been ANGRY and screamed at God and that is okay.
31. I love to write any thing at all. short stories, poetry, novels, songs, biographies, essays. EVERYTHING.
32. I crave knowledge. I think I will be in school for the rest of my life.
33. I love being a mom even if I scream at my kids.
34. I have one uncle who has inspired me more than he will ever know, he has helped to mold me into who I have become and I know that my Dad will thank him for it one day.
35. I know I can be better than what I am.
36. I can dance!!!
37. I can't sing! At all but, one day I want to at least beable to carry a tune. When my kids are in school I want to take voice lessons. (the poor teacher REALLY)
38. I love food!!!!
39. I wish I had the patience to bake cakes like chrinicler, but I can hardly wait for the oven to finish baking it.
40. I am addicted to T.V. and I do not like that about me. (yes, I wam working on it)
41. I go to bed at night counting the things I did wrong that day instead of the things I did right. 42. I want to be like my Mother!!! She eludes peace from her soul.
43. I pray for her happiness every single day!!!!
44. I wish I could fly. I had a vivid dream as a child that I flew to heaven I talked to my Brother I could feel it when I flew and I want to do it again.
45. I could never skydive!?!
46. I work out 6 times a week and I love it I think it keeps me sane!!!
47. My favorite book is My Brother Sam is dead I read it in fifth grade and every year since then.
48. I like reality T.V. and my husband hates it but loves me so he watches with me.
49. I can smell rain days before it gets to me.
50. I think the desert is beautifull
51. I love being alone!!!
52. I lived in the closet under the stairs when I was 13
53. I can't wait to be 30
54. I look best in black.
55. I know the Gettysburg addreess
56. I know enough sign language to have a simple conversation with a deaf person if they slow down for me.
57. I have a deep love for mentaly dissabled people. I do not know where this comes from, but I have more patience when I am around them.
58. I want to travle the world. But, my husband says hewon't fly over any oceans. (anyone want to go with me)
59. I have eaten dinner at a resturant by myself and ordered dessert just for fun.
57. I like the Harry Potter books and movies.
58. I do not like Star Wars, but I do watch them (alot) becuse my Dad and Brother loved them.
59. I like men with tatoos, but love that my husband resisted the urge to get any.
60. I have a cousin who when I was litttle would tell me I was gorgeous And I think that is why Ifell in love with a redhead
61. I like my belly button
62. I think my kids are the most beutifulll when the are in the bathtub soaking wet. I have so many pictures of them in there.
63. I wish I could paint like Smee. And even tried, by painting my kids room... think it turned out okay.
64. I think my husband is sexy, and I think about him all day long.
65. I take long hot baths, so long I end up refilling the water at least once.
66. It makes me sad to think I might never be pregnant again.
67. It makes me happy to think I might never be pregnant again.
68.I am happy when my kids go to bed at night, and that does not make me a bad mom.
69. The best advise about being a mom I ever got was to know that I am the mom, nobody else can tell me what is best for them however bad I may think they know I Am The Mom.
70. I know that wanting to throw a newborn is normal. And that does not mean you should never have been made a mother. It just means you need to go into another room for a while.
71. I should pray on my knees more.
72. I crave my bed.
73. Unlike my father, I think sleep is the best part of most days.
74. I go to church every sunday. Unless I am sick. If my kids are sick my hubby stays home becasue I NEED CHURCH on sundays.
75. I want to speak in church but have only been asked to do so a few times.
76. I loved being the Sunbeam teacher.
77. I did not like being the nursery teacher.
78. I can't wait to know what I did in Heaven to be born in the family that I was.
79. I have been through a horrible experience and lived to become stronger from it. And most people who know me don't know it ever happend
80. I grew up knowing my Dad loved me without having a memory of him telling me so
81. I do not say I love you enough.
82. I like peanut butter.
83. I sing loudly in the car.
84. I dance in elevators to give the security gaurd watching somthing more to look at. Even when I know no one is there.
85. I have to controll myself, not to force my daughter to be a Ballet dancer.
86. I repent daily and think everyone should.
87. I do not think anyone should ever tell you what you should be doing with your life. That is the Holy Ghosts job.
88. I do not like to work at "normal" jobs I like doing things that make money on my own schedule.
89. I am fascinated by breast feeding and someday will ask how God came up with that.
90. I too (like Smee) love hot pudding over Ice Cream.
91. I have a constant conversation with, both my earthly and Heavenly, Father going on in my head.
92. I think I can type without looking at me finger but am to afraid to try.
93. Being able to have "stuff" does not mean you have money.
94. I like to make over myself and my house.
95. I like getting dressed up even if I have nowhere to go, One night when I was 16 I called a boy and asked him to take me out only after I got dressed up because I thought I looked to pretty to stay home. And I married him three years later.
96. I like to sing in the shower and while I get dressed in the morning. #37 will tell you to feel bad for my family, becasue I sing alot.
97. I wish I could tap dance and I will take lessons someday soon.
98. I love my life.... most of the time
99. I tell white lies. And I hope that is okay.
100. I hope it is easier for you to read this than it was for me to write it.

9 comments:

The Pea said...

Apparently I do not type well. I can't belive how many mistakes are in there.But. I am not going to edit. Sorry, Hope you can understand it.

S'mee said...

#9, we'll have to play some day!
#14, got that from your dad
#26, you that from your dad also!
#40, I see a trend here,
#41, I know a mom that everynight, before she tucks her kids in, lists to each them all the things they did right. I wish I had done that.
#48, I think your dad would also
#52, I lived out of the hall closet for 2 years in high school until your dad went on his mission and I got his room.
#55,56,57 your dad also
#62, I have too many pictures like that of my kids! lol actually took a towel and spray bottle down to the photo studio one year so they could have profeesional bath pictures.
#65, same
#68, there was a time when I felt the same
#69, everyone should know this
#79, it's good that you know this
#84, been there done that...and also at the drive up ATM
#86, awesome advice
#95 Thor and I both giggled at this, and thought it was cool

o.k. Chronicler, I feel other things on this list may be her dad too, what say ye?

The Pea said...

Thank you S'mee I miss him alot today and that was just what I needed. Somtimes I feel like he is the only other person in the world who would truly understand me and I that it that he is not here. It is nice to know I fit in somewhere even if I have to wait for it to come.

Robyn said...

Your Dad loved to dance.
Games, games games, we played so many as kids, your dad was banned from playing chutes and ladders! His favorite game was Risk.
I don't know what you mean with #73. Until he wwent on a mission, most days your dad had to be dragged out of bed. He changed abit on his mission. But sleep was very important to him.

I have a picture of your dad out with a girl in a tuxedo at McDonalds. He took a lace tablecloth and flowers for the table.

Your dad loved wet kids too! He was always in charge of baths.

You used to cry silently, then we'd hear a thud on the floor because you had held your silent cry so long you passed out.

You are one of five children that came so quickly into the world and there was never a time your dad wasn't ecstatic to be their dad. He loved every minute of it.

You can go to Hawaii with my husband and stay with my friends in their multimillion dollar home for free. I'll stay with your husband as flying over oceans scare the heck out me too!

The Pea said...

My mom told me one time that My He thought sleep was a waste of time. I wonder if he just thought like me.. I wish I could sleep in in the mornings and still have all the time in the world to do everything I want to do.
And hey when Matthew is a top notch pilot I will take you up on that trip to Hawiaii and then we can fly for free too.

Robyn said...

As he got older he saw sleep as a waste of time, I think that had a lot to do with his shortened timeline. The HG spoke to him quite a bit.

The Pea said...

He used to tell my mom that he did not think he would live a full lifespan. It is one of her biggest regrets because she would not let him talk more about what he was feeling. IT scared her then but, now she wishes she knew more.

Robyn said...

He lived a full life span durin gour childhood. But he saved the best for last, he adored your mother and each of you were a gift.

Lisa M. said...

I loved reading this list, and I love that you have such a neat connection with one of the two neatest women that i know.

I miss my Dad too. i talk to him in my head all the time, especially when I drive.

It's a nice read. Thank you