Thursday, January 11, 2007

Peaceful Storm


So, I know it is a "storm" but it can't help but watch from my warm house and think how beautiful it is. There is no clap, no thunder, no pounding against the house the way a storm is supposed to sound. And yet there are people crashing there cars, power lines being weighed down, people freezing and I sit and think of the beauty of it all.
So here I go letting my mind wander. How do you think Our Heavenly Father looks at all of us? He watches from the safety of Heaven looking on as we crash in to each other daily. With our words and our actions we fight or fail to fight for what is right or wrong in our lives. I wonder if he notices the beauty in it all, if he knows that the outcome will be worth all of the pain. Does he get to find peace in knowing why things happen the way they do? Or is he stuck in a rain storm knowing that people make horrific decisions everyday. Knowing he can stop the pain they cause but having the understanding and knowledge that stopping the decisions of his children will cause him to cease being God.
Do you think he feels peace when he looks at the storm or is he feeling bombarded by pain and sorrow.
Maybe in my life I can do more for him, my Heavenly Father, to let him see more beauty in his creations, maybe I can help him to feel the peace in the world. By my actions toward the people in my life maybe I can bring him calm. Share with him the peace that I so desperately look for him to give to me. Maybe I can find the peace I am searching for by thinking of it as giving him the peace he is searching his children for.
Maybe we all can?!?

1 comments:

Brianna said...

Hey you,
I am glad to hear also that you moved to Utah successfully! The snow, you will get use too, well maybe not, I have been here for two years, and still am not use to it. Just watch out for the other people driving. I think Heavenly Father sees us and knows that we can do better, also hoping for us to have that light in our head go off and realize that we can do better and that we should do better in our lives. Email me sometime or call me and we can get together. Brianna:o)