Thursday, November 30, 2006

More like Mary


I am getting more ready every day to have this new baby, and with the Christmas season upon me I am finding myself wondering what Mary must have been thinking when she was getting ready to deliver the Savior. Did she have any idea what she was getting herself into? She knew she would deliver God's child but, did she know what that meant? Did she know all of the things he would do and say, how much he would have to suffer? I wonder if she was more like all of us other mothers than we think.

Every baby we are given has a piece of divinity in them, a literal God given light that they are given to help them through their mortal journey. As a mother it is my job to make sure they never wonder about who they are, becasue they are who they have always been, from the beginging, A child of a Heavenly Father who loves them and who has a plan laid out for them. It is my job to make my home feel warm and safe, to be the kind of place where they can feel the spirit unrestrained. A place where they can realize what they are to become.

What a joy and a blessing to know that these creatures who are brought into our lives are in every way unique little spirits who already are someone, they came here with a soul. A soul they have been molding for a very long time. A new body but and old soul. They must realize who they are so they can grow beyond where they have been to be what they are meant to be.

Jesus Christ came here with a plan laid out for him, whether his mother knew all he would go through or not she had to do the same things we must do in order for him to become who he did. She had to learn patience and compassion, and mabye more than all of us how to be truly in line with the will of God, and accept that will not only for herself, but for her child.

I hope that I will be able to teach my children how much they are like the Savior, how much they are able to be like him. But, more importantly how much they must be like him in order to return to live with their own Father in Heaven again. I pray every day that I can do this for them. And as the Season is here, I am so greatfull for the example of Mary, the mother of my Brother Jesus Christ.

1 comments:

S'mee said...

very nice post!