Thursday, November 09, 2006

Amazed


I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
Chorus:
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderfulWonderful to me
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That he should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
(Repeat chorus)
I think of his hands, pierced and bleeding to pay my debt
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Secure in the promise of life in his victory
Thus ransomed from death I will live to my Savior's praise
And sing of his goodness and mercy through endless days

It is the last verse that we do not sing that really gets me. This is one of my very favorite hymns. I think of it always when I am feeling weighed down and bothered. And lately it seems I have been singing it a lot. Life sometimes does weigh us down, and it is so easy to forget why we have come here to earth to go through the things that we do. I do know that my savior came and died for me and it is because of that knowledge that I can carry on. I know that he suffered for me and will carry me through the joys and sorrows that comes with choosing to go through this life. Thank goodness as Smee says eternity is a mile long string and this life is but a very small knot.

0 comments: