Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I AM DONE

I am so excited to announce that I am done shopping for Christmas. Everyone is taken care of. I needed to be done early becaus ein a few short days or weeks I will have a new baby that I am sure would not have fun going out shoping. So I decided this year to venture into the catolog and online shoping world.

I found a few really great websites www.redenvelope.com for my in laws and http://www.sensoryedge.com for my kids. The only problem I ran into was on ebay, when I bought my mother in law a memory quilt and had a horrific time trying to email the pictures to the woman making the quilt. I used to think I was pretty smart when it comes to the internet, but however I am not. Hopefully I will be able to become more comfortable with it some day.

I cannot express in words how great I feel to be done. Mabye I am now going to be able to relax and just focus on having this baby. I don't know how it would have felt to go into the hospital and them come home with so little time to get things ready for Christmas.

Now comes the fun part of the Holidays for me, I love to be in the Kitchen for Christmas. Everything I can make I do, form Gingerbread to pumpkin bread, to pepermint bark, and even candy apples.
I am going to try to make somthing new this year, any ideas??
Let me know what your favorite thing to make for Christmas is. I would love to make somthing new.

1 comments:

S'mee said...

How about something for yourself? Almost every year,(not so far this year...) I make sugar scrubs. I have made for about thirty years!

I use crushed candy canes, brown sugar, raw sugar and plain ol' white sugar, even the crystal candy sugars you put on top of cookies will work! Add in essential oils, grape seed oil, or other good body oils and you have a nice treat for your skin.

Another thing my f-i-l LOVES is Christmas Mice. Start with a marichino cherry, dried off as well as you can with apaper towel. Leave the stem on. Dip the cherry completely in melted chocolate and lay it on a piece of waxed paper to set, with the stem laying parelle to the table...this is the mouse body and tail. Before the chocolate sets, add a hershey kiss to the opposite end of the tail, pointy tip out and the flat end up against the cherry. The wet chocolate should work like glue. Add two peanut halves or almond slivers as ears on top of the kiss and your done. You can add little eyes and a nose if you have the cake decorating supplies handy; jimmies make good whiskers. Simple, but pretty yummy.

Glad to hear you can have some fun before the baby. Take it easy kid and if you want more detailed recipes on the above just letme know.