Thursday, April 17, 2008

News

I am officially confirming the rumors.


I am having another baby. Yeah!!! Now if I could only get myself standing for five minutes of the day I think I could really get into this. I get so very sick when I am pregnant. I have found a great midwife who is doing her best to get me through this without resorting to home health visits and bed rest. So far it is going okay, I am eating enough to keep me going, and am keeping down more than I have at this stage before.  Which if you know me it is not much but, at least it is something.

 I am going in a new direction this time. Here in Utah you have several options when having a baby Hospital, Home birth, or they have a birthing center. I am so happy to say I am ditching the hospital! I am so not a fan. I don't like the epidural, I hate not being able to eat, And I Abhor having to stay for 24 hour when all I really want is to get my baby home.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of doctors, They save lives!! But I do not believe that giving birth is a "medical event" that women need to be saved from. I love that my body was made to have babies. (Even if I swear the very selfish side of me is secretly trying to expel it in the first 5 months through my mouth). I also am not a fan of doing it in my house. I have several very sweet friends who love having their babies born into there homes. That route is just not for me. But let me tell you The birth center here in Salt Lake is so great. ( If you feel like seeing it you can see it here) I went and toured yesterday and it was awesome. What a wonderful way to have a baby. The rooms are set up in a way that you feel like you are in your own room. But hidden in the walls are the tools that can save our lives.  The Nurse midwife can write prescriptions and resuscitate both mom and baby if necessary. I was so comfortable with her. I can't wait for my first real in depth appointment to get to know her better. Anyway I will finish my rant for now. But a am so excited to be having another little baby.

10 comments:

Robyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is awesome news! I hope you weather this one better and everything goes well.

Trent & Lindz said...

Oh my goodness that is Wonderful! And a total suprise to me. I guess the rumors never circulated to me. And with our family that's pretty incredible to keep a secret like that! I hope this pregnancy goes better than the last three. It's all worth it in the end. Call if you need anyting! I'd love to help in any way that I can! Love you and I'm so excited for you guys. This baby couldn't be going to a more loving family. Brittany told me this weekend that you have the BEST kids! She said she wants to have a family exactly like yours someday. She said you are the best mom and are raising such good kids who already have strong testimonies. I thought that was such a nice compliment to you as a wife and mother and that you should hear that.

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Brianna said...

Holy Cow!! Congratulations! I am excited for you, let me know if you need anything. We are having a party next friday night, for adam's graduation, if you guys would like to come, give me a call, it is going to be in Lindon, so my cell is 691-8775. Talk to you soon! Love ya!

S'mee said...

first Bri, are you nuts? (But thanks, cuz now *I* can call you too!)

Second Miss PEA!!! ACK! EEEEE! WOOOOHOOO! Oh I can't think of anyone who is a better mommy. Sorry you feel like ick, but hey, they turn out good in the long run. I am WAAAY excited for you and the whole birthing center gig, eeeee!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cool! That is awesome. I had to take a minute to tell you how happy we are. You guys are totally welcome to come to the fiesta, it would be great to have you there if everyone's schedule permits. I'm 691-8770.

Cristen said...

I am totally and completely jealous. I really really want another baby. But hey my time will come. I love you and if you need me I will be there in a heart beat. And I mean really be there. I will drive up whenever I need to. Just let me know. I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the new wonderful short. And everything that has been said about you as a mom and your home is absolutely true. You are my role model and hope my kids grow up as good and happy as yours are. and with such a great love for the church.

The Pea said...

thank you everyone you are all awsome.

Lindz You just made my day, What a wonderful compliment!

Bri- That sounds like fun. I hope you didn't mean yesterday but, I will call you soon!

Tiffany said...

I seriously couldn't be any happier for you guys! I still have your present sitting here...I'm such a bad friend!!! We have had accident after accident. (I can't say I love the drive to Primary's!) Let's please get together soon when Reagan gets over her croup.