Thursday, April 10, 2008

Balloon yarn baskets

I mentioned this craft project over at Smee's but I thought I would post a few pictures of how it turned out. I saw this on the Today show, Rosie ODonald was on promoting her new book Crafty U (I ordered it yesterday). I watched and said "hey, I have all the stuff to do that" 
We started by filling balloons. Then we taped them down and chose our yarn colors. We dipped the yarn into white glue and layered it over the top of our Balloon. When The glue dried we popped the balloons and had some really fun baskets.

Moms

Ora's

Michael's




6 comments:

Gillian said...

That is so cool! I will have to remember that for when I watch this nieces and nephew! BTW Matt and I are moving to St. George until he goes to Law school in a year.

S'mee said...

They look so "art museum"! AWESOME! I am so happy to see you doing crafts like this with your kids, I think it really helps them in other areas of life. Focusing, extending their attention span, sticking with a project until it's done, satisfaction at doing it themselves, all kinds of things!

Go Mom! I seriously love this.

The Pea said...

Bean- Please call when you come through Salt Lake i would LOVE to see you!!
Smee' You rock!

Marianne said...

You're so crafty.

Robyn said...

Neat! Pop art for kids!

Anonymous said...

Well said.