Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Families worst nightmare


My heart is broken today as I sit and watch the news. On Monday afternoon Little Hser Nay Moo (Ser Na Moo) was a little girl playing in her front yard. Then tragedy struck, and Amber alert was issued on Tuesday and the troops released. Utah residents sprung into action. Thousands of searchers looked high and low for this beautiful 7 year old child.  

The father of this girl Cartoon Wah talked to the press yesterday to say that all he wanted was his little girl back, She was his only daughter n the world and he loved her the most. This family came to America just last August, escaping Burma to Thailand and then coming on to Utah. They do not speak any English and needed interpreters to speak with the press and police. I am sure this father felt he was doing the best thing for his family by bringing them here and then to have this happen must be making him feel like he made a huge mistake. The mother of this little girl has just given birth not to long ago and has been in and out of the hospital ever since. 
I am sorry to say this story does not end nicely yesterday shortly after I put my own children to bed safely we heard Hser Nay Moo had been found dead not 75 yards from where she lived. She was in the basement bathroom of a neighbor. Now that neighbor has been jailed and admitted to killing his wonderful child. I never knew this girl however I find myself bursting into tears whenever I think about her and her family. She was blooming here in Utah and was getting good grades in school. My heart goes out to her family and especially to the mother who will not be able to properly mourn her daughter due to her own illness and the demands of her infant child who still needs her care.  I cannot get over it. Please add your prayers to mine for this family. A donation account has been set up for the family at Zions bank under the name of Cartoon Wah, for Hser Nay Moo. 

 

2 comments:

S'mee said...

Thank you for posting this, we had not heard. It makes my heart ache. This poor family.

The Pea said...

Smee It just keeps getting worse for this family. I wish the news could just back off!!! They could report from somewhere other than there front door.

Now people are questioning all of the refugees here in Utah. It's horrible.