Saturday, July 28, 2007

What a week and counting


If you read my kids blogs you may have seen that my little baby is cutting six teeth. Well it has not ended the poor little gut is not getting anywhere. The teeth are definitely in his gums and trying to move but they will not break through. I don't know what to do for him. He just cries and cries. Shoves his fist into his mouth and then cries some more. I have spent all week with him just holding and rocking him. He will nurse for a while and that is his most calm. At night I give him a dose of Motrin and then a hour later a dose of Tylenol just to get him to relax and sleep for a while. My heart is breaking for him. Sometimes being the mom stinks. I wish I could just take all of the pain from him.
"Being a mom is like being pecked to death by a duck" That is what my mom used to say. Now I feel like it is like being the most powerful person in the world but not being able to use it. I am so sad for him and at the same time just plain old angry and tired and weak. I know it is not his fault that he has spent the better part of three weeks crying but I am going to go insane if this does not end soon.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

sure hope the ist daughter reads this. She's in the same place as you!

You have my sympathies, and prayers.

The1stdaughter said...

I completely understand where you are coming from. Jace has been teething for a month or more now and the little buggers just won't come through. Its gotten to where I have moved from being sad for him to just plain out mad that it won't just happen. Ugh!

Yes, sometimes being a mom just is crappy!

S'mee said...

Oh man do I remember this. Such frustration at not being to help your little one!

Hang in there! (all of you!)

S'mee said...

not that you don't have enough going on, but when you get back to the swing of things you have been tagged once again...rules at my place. hugs.