Friday, July 13, 2007

CUTE MAN

I married the most perfect guy in the world for me. I am so blessed to have him in my life. When I left for my trip last weekend I was so sad to go, even just overnight. I had a great time but I got a glimpse of what my mom deals with all of the time. I was having a great time but a part of me wished that I had Joe there to see it too. While I was watching all of the little girls dance at the wedding all I wanted was to see My little girl out there as well. I was so sad yet still happy. I am sure that is what my mom had felt every day for the past 23 years.

Then with all of my money headaches this week and my birthday coming up I have been kind of sad too. I knew Joe was going to ask how much he could spend on me and I would have to tell him nothing. But, he never asked. I figured he could tell I did not what a big deal made and so That was good for me, him not asking was a huge gift. However....
I woke up this morning to Joe sitting on the bed which is very odd because normally he is out the door at 5 and I don't get up that early, but there he was with breakfast ready to go. He had been to the store and bought me donuts or Eggo's, whichever I wanted and. ... he remembered that I don't like pre mixed chocolate milk so he came home with syrup. He put in to be late for work so we could have breakfast together. CUTE enough but he did not stop there. After I came back from Costco this morning I had a diet coke in the fridge and Dove ice cream bars in the freezer. You know I just love that he put time into my birthday I am having more fun today finding all of my little gifts than if we were able to get me a whole slew of really pretty presents. I love that man!!! One of our songs we played for our wedding party was are mix of "even though we ain't got money... I'm so in love with you honey" (I don't know the real title)
A part of my hopes that will not continue to be our theme forever. But It is true his little acts of kindness have made this one of the best birthdays I have ever had.

He is definitely a keeper!!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

i have always said you don't need money to enjoy life. Joe proved that to you today. It really is true: love is all you need.

Happy Birthday Pea!

Brianna said...

Wow, What a great hubby you got there! He is a total keeper. It is always nice to think that even though there isn't much money, that he can still find ways to make you feel like you are a queen. Happy B-day!

Lisa M. said...

I can only second what Chronicler and Bri said.

Neat, neat, neat.

What a wonderful vision it is, to see life, for it's real beauty. Some folks, never learn that lesson, and it is a shame.