Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Timing and Satan's favorite weapon GUILT!!

I'm going to pretend like no one knows what has been happening in my house lately. Even though I know you all hang on every bit of information about me and my family. (come on I know you do!!) Right? No, okay let's just let my fantasy go for a minute and I will tell you what has been going on anyway! So Right around Michael's birthday (halloween) I started getting super frustrated with him. Not only was he getting super grumpy and having tons of tantrums (yes my 6 year old) But, I was done dealing with his problem of not eating anything I would cook for dinner. Other than Mac and Cheese, PB&J, and fake chicken nuggets. So we thought we would lay down the law a little and I told him that if he did not eat his dinner then he would have to go to bed early so that his body could get more rest because he was choosing not to give it any good food that it needed. So we sat him down at the table with Tatter tot casserole, something he would eat a little over 6 month ago. He sat there for about 45 minutes. And I finally was ready to put him to bed. So he started to cry and I told him that he needed to take one REAL bite and he could stay up. He then took a lick of dinner and I told him it was not good enough. He took a bite and then proceeded to act out a scene from survivor. You know the one where they make them eat cockroaches and then they gag and choke and then puke all over the floor. Only he puked all over my kitchen table. So my thought was, that is not normal. The next day I took him into the doctor, thinking he would just scare him into eating. And he told me that his tonsils were huge and so he probably could not eat. (insert punch in the mom gut here) We then were told to go see an ENT Doctor to schedule the removal of his tonsils. That appointment was this morning. Yes a month later. (in the mean time, He has been through the flu and strep throat and now we are quarantined to keep his huge bacteria grabbing tonsils from getting him more ill) So we went in and the doctor proceeded to punch me in the mom gut again. It seems to be that not only can he not eat but, his large tonsil in combination with his narrow airway are a perfect combination for sleep apnea. So he is not eating because he can't and he is throwing tantrums like a two year old because the minute he lays on his back in bed his airway slowly closes until he stops breathing completely and wakes up long enough to gasp for air and go back to sleep where it starts over again. So he's not eating, not sleeping. and now.... they will fix this problem when...... (drumroll please) JAN. 4th!! The first day back to school. YEAH he gets to miss more school and I am sure I will get to have another very pleasant conversation with his principle about parents being involved in their child's education by bringing them to school. So FUN!!! So pray we make it. I just might go insane from lack of getting away time. (oh I forgot to tell you I can't even leave to run because I have a stress fracture in my shin I get to rest up for three more weeks and get better too) Any ideas for indoor games or crafts or cheep movies let me know because if we don't do something more than watch qubo I will go crazy and go run and maybe then I will break my shin completely which I may want to do just for some excitement)

4 comments:

S'mee said...

yikes.
O.k. here's one of my favourite sites, it has FABULOUS links to all kinds of crafty stuff. Search through the categories and find all kinds of great ideas!

I'll write you an email with some specific things that I want to do with my little ones...if I ever get around to it.

feel better everyone!

S'mee said...

oh, you might actually want the link...duh...

http://www.oneprettything.com/

Kelly Stoddart said...

o.k. I know this is nothing what you are going through, but one time I took Kyanna for a WELL child check-up and was told that she had an ear infection, fifth's disease, and was WAY under weight and needed to be on protein drinks. I felt terrible. YOU are not a bad Mom, in fact I think you are fantastic!
I am sorry that you are stuck at home, if you ever need anything let me know!! We have lots of movies if you want to borrow some. Or if you ever need anything at the store let me know. Or whatever else!

Gillian said...

Poor little guy! Don't feel guilty though, at least you figured it out now rather than have it go on for longer. As for him missing school, they can deal! You should go back and read the beginning of the NieNie post:

http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-lists-and-errands.html

Better him happy and healthy, than tired, hungry and cranky. So the school can just deal! :)