Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Post in which I talk all about....

One of our greatest catches...
Jordan
Because he is three today! He is awesome. So much fun and so much work!! When he was born he came to us kind of by surprise. The doctors had told me it would be extremely hard for us to get pregnant again after  I had a pretty horrible ruptured ectopic pregnancy. So we decided not to hinder anything in hopes that someday we would have another baby. Well the next month there we were, pregnant again. I had just come out of a nightmare after loosing the baby , I hadn't even realized I was pregnant and then I felt like it had been ripped out of me. Then they told me not only that but I would probably never have any more babies. I didn't feel like anyone understood what I was feeling, Joe kept telling me it was fine and it must have been meant to be. I didn't feel like anyone would ever get it. I may have never held that baby but it was gone I had had a baby and it was gone. I felt the loss.
And then I got sick one morning and knew what that maybe meant. It felt like the Lord had given me back a gift. I was gong to be a new mom again. I could not understand it, I did not understand why I had been given such a HUGE gift. I didn't understand why me. But I knew I would never take it for granted again. The fact that I was able to be a mom through my own body. I would never take that for granted again. And when he was born I didn't. Getting him here was not easy. I spent most of ten months on my living room couch attached to a constant IV drip and a medication pump to keep me from throwing up. My mom spent most of ten months cleaning and taking care of my house and my other kids. Thank Heavens for mothers. 
And at the end of it my Jordan was born. He came smiling and has not stopped a whole lot since. It is crazy how you can sense your children when they are given to you, even in those first few minutes, Jordan was funny! He is the one who makes us all laugh all the time. He realized early on what looks would make us smile and then those are the only looks he gave. Then he learned if he giggled we would giggle, So thats what he did. Always learning new tricks to make us laugh then repeating them over and over again.  Now, he is three and he knows when he says I love you I can't help but smile. So he is the child who I hear those words from the most. Not a day goes by that he does not tell me he loves me at least six or seven times. And now he is three, three!! He came into my room this morning and I pulled him up into my bed and asked him. "Jordan lets skip your birthday and then you can stay 2 forever, what do you think?" He said very sweetly "No, I want my lightning McQueen cake" So I guess there you have it, I had him give me his last kiss as a two year old and we got out of bed to celebrate the day! 

Happy Birthday Crazy Boy I love you!!


2 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday! I had no idea he and Jace were so close in age. Jace will be 3 in March, what a blast those two would have together! He needs more guys for friends anyways, seems like everyone has girls around here.

Well, either way, I'm so glad you made it through the rough pregnancy and have a wonderful little guy there to be thankful for.

Mandi Roth said...

What a sweet story! You went through a lot! I hope he had a great birthday!! Sweet boy.