Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Goings on

We have had quite the last few months here in our neck of the woods. Between car troubles and health problems we feel like we have been rung through the ringer and then hit by a semi. And now we are quarantined till strep throat decides to leave us alone. So here I am sniffling a little but figuring I should catch up the old bloggy blog blog..... (that may be the medication talking) 

We had so much fun through the fall and now here comes winter. I feel like it has stayed away long enough and now it is bound to come on in full force pretty soon. Halloween was fun. We had a good time trick or treating, or I should say Joe and the kids had a good time trick or treating. I stayed home and got things ready for Michael to open presents when they got back. He made out like a bandit for his birthday. He ended up with something like 60-70 dollars from Grandparents and was intent on spending it all on one trip to the store. We were there for a while. But it was a fun trip. Then the next day I asked him if he was going to pay his tithing and he was just not so sure he was ready to do that. His exact words were "If I don't can I go to the store again" He debated and thought it through for a while and finally decided he wanted to pay it after all. It was so hard for me to sit back and just let him decide but in the end I think it was the right thing to do. I hope he will always remember the hard choice at six and the joy that followed. Then maybe it won't be such a hard choice later on in life. 
We came through November mostly unscathed. Our cars on the other hand are a little worse for the wear and they showed it to us the last couple of months. I a, so grateful for a husband who can crawl around under there and get things fixed. He is awesome. Although at one point he had the flu and had to walk me through how to change the starter. But I did it, he had to come out at one point to turn the wrench I could not turn but, we got it fixed and I decided I want to help him all the time. I had a blast and now I want to know more. 
We had Abby's birthday too. She turned one and I am sad to report I spent most of the week depressed about it. Knowing I am done having babies had been hard. But, she is great a making me feel better. She still snuggles all the time. And I swear is not walking yet just for me. I will post her birthday pictures later. 
Thanksgiving was great. Joe's dad came up and for the first time I had to do the whole meal by  myself. It went well, real well, up until I dropped the fresh rolls into the dishwater in the sink. Right as we were sitting down to eat. OH WELL..... It was still good. And I feel proud that I made it through. I made a fresh blackberry cobbler for dessert which was so good. It was something Joe's Grandma used to make for his Dad every year for his birthday so, we wanted to bring her here to our table for Thanksgiving. It was nice chatting about her and visiting with Joe's "pops" for the weekend. 
So here we are getting ready for Christmas, still no camera...(sorry) but, maybe soon that will change. We are saving up so we can get a nice one next. No more broken ones five minutes after you leave the store. So any advice in that department would be well received. Hopefully I will have Abby's birthday pictures up soon, they are on a friends camera so who knows....

2 comments:

The Jones's said...

Cameras are expensive, but so worth the investment. Not that I have the one I want yet (Canon Rebel XTI), but someday I will. We have a Canon Power Shot and I LOVE it. I would say definitely buy a Canon.

I know, Isabella just turned 1 and I can barely believe it! She walks everywhere now, and is just the cutest thing ever. I love being her mom, though she was really fussy today. :) How is Jordan doing? Hope you all get better really soon. I am pretty positive I had the Swine Flu, and I know my Dad and brother had it, too. Not fun, but we are better now. I need to update my blog too. Especially with birthday cake pictures! :)

Mandi Roth said...

You have had a lot going on. I hope things with your car get better! And your all feeling better. Can't wait to see pics of beats and more. Hang in there.