Saturday, October 24, 2009

Shopping

First up the results from  last night roast. I will never do a roast from frozen again. 
The only way to get a good roast is to sear it in a pan before you put it into the crock pot.  It was not bad but, it was pretty dry. The gravy turned out SO good just the perfect hint of tomato flavor. And the vegi's were pretty good. I am not a huge fan of roast (at least when I make it) but it was dinner. 

Now I am finally off to the store So here's my list:
2 lbs cheese
Taco seasoning mix
Ranch dip mix
2 Cans chicken broth
onion
garlic
2 maple sausage
bread
apples 4 lbs.
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
milk
4 Mac and Cheese
tortillas 
cucumber
celery
lettuce
grapes

Total: 31.99
I am keeping the leftover money in my pocket just in case I forgot something.
 
Now let's see what I can do with it??
Today our menu was made up of Scones for breakfast, I used some dough I had left over from the rolls I made yesterday. Lunch was tuna (from our food storage) sandwiches, on the rolls from yesterday. And for dinner we made Nachos Just chips, cheese (bought this morning), refried beans(from F.S.), and sour cream(from a stock up sale a few weeks ago when I got the sour cream for .49). 
What will we do tomorrow??? (I know you all can't wait to find out) 

0 comments: