Friday, October 23, 2009

Mommies have super powers!



Jordan had a problem the other day he came up to me heart broken. His favorite book had ripped in half. He was so upset and crying, I was heartbroken. It was bedtime so I could not fix it right at that minute. I picked him up and set him on the counter. I told him not to be sad that Mommies had special magical powers and it would be all better in the morning. So after all my kids were in bed I glued it back together and when he woke up in the morning it was on his pillow. He really did believe I was magic. Ora, of course, looked right at me over her breakfast cereal and said "No she used the glue gun" The magic ended right there for me but, not for Jordan he still thinks I am special. 

I am digging into my mommy magic this week. Our car has been broken down for a while. Every week we have had a new thing to fix on it and now with rent coming due we just don't have the money to make it happen on our normal budget. So things are being SLICED!! First and foremost. The grocery bill. Thank heavens for food storage. I will tap into what we do have and then I will get online and come up with some way to feed us all on $45.00 ALL SIX OF US!!!!  From tonight until next Thursday. I figure I will tell you what I am making for dinner. And where the ingredients came from every day. 
This is kind of an experiment to see if it can be done. But, also to prove that even if you don't go through some horrble natural disaster the prophets have told us to have food storage for a reason.  
So for my first trick: Tonight's dinner. I usually shop on Fridays so I don't have much in my fridge but, I also do not have a car. It will be fixed tomorrow.   SOOO music please....
 I looked in my freezer and what did I see... a VERY frozen roast under a little bag of peas. 
 I found three potatoes in my pantry and a can of tomatoes. I had a bag of baby carrots in the fridge. I put those things in the bottom of my crock pot and topped that with a seasoning mix called : "Fiesta Party Dip Mix" from tastefully simple. Then I put my frozen roast on top of that I figure once the roast thaws out a little I will add the rest of the seasoning on top. And  I will make some rolls to go with it!
See you tomorrow. After I go to the store. 

2 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

I bet that you can do it. You are so creative! Winco has chicken 99 cents lb., milk 1.48, eggs 88cents! Good luck. I hate it when cars don't work, it happens to Brett's car often! Let me know if you need any help, I will be happy to help you!

Unknown said...

whoa...i'm convinced you're magic! I can't come up with a meal even if the car is working :D