Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Utah Hair??

Back to playing catch up from when my camera was not working. (FYI the dog chewed up the cord I just got so maybe I will play catch up frrm this last time and in a few months play catch up again) 


Way back in February we went to Las Vegas to see one of my cute niece's get baptized. But that
trip packed a huge punch we got to do so many more things with our families. We got to see Rachel run her first 5K (post to come next) and we were able to be at my moms house the morning my big sister left for Prague. My mom was going to watch my niece and nephew while their parents were gone and so she had them at her house the morning we were leaving town. When my niece Madisen came in to see me I was doing Ora's hair. And for those of you who really know Ora you know her hair is done one of two ways every day. Either "Super Fancy," her words not mine, or "like a raga muffin. " Now I do not know what a raga muffin is except it is what my mom used to say I looked like all the time. And so it is the word we use when Ora does not want her hair done. 
On this particular morning she did not have the raga muffin choice, and she was not happy about it.... And that is the place where Madi walked into the picture. My solution to the screaming fit was to have a switcharoo morning. I would do Madi's hair like Ora's and do Ora's hair like Madi's is most of the time. This went over well, and saved the morning. Both of the girls were SUPER excited.
After we were done we went outside to show grandma, I introduced the girls and they came out as models. Where they very promptly told all, they had switched. Ora had LAS VEGAS hair, and Madisen had UTAH hair. Kids are so funny!!

1 comments:

Jenessa said...

Dang those girls are cute!!! Madisen tells me all the time she wants Utah hair which is really hard for me to do because first I am a control freak and no matter how hard I try I can't get the buns messy enough and second I have only done Madisen's hair while it is still wet and to get the Utah hair in question you have to work with dry hair which I can't seem to make work. So next time Aunt Erin comes to visit, Madisen wants Utah hair. Hope you come prepared when you come for Tanner's baptism.