Thursday, July 30, 2009

Iysha Kruyer

I got a call from my sister last night and was told that a family in my hometown had just had their two year old daughter drown in the pool at their home. I cannot imagine the sorrow that would come from losing a child that way, or any way for that matter. 

My sister has decided, along with the rest of the primary presidency to make soft fleece blankets for each of the other children in their family. She asked me to write a poem to go along with the blankets for these children. Sometimes I find that as I write my poetry I am writing the words but they come from somewhere else altogether. I hope that this family can find the things I ask them to within this poem.  I am so grateful for knowing what happens in this life is not the end. I know the powers that are used within our temples are real and do bind families together for all of eternity. How happy this makes me in my life. Please pray for this family tonight. And be grateful today for the loving arms of a Heavenly Father who IS very real!!

The softness of this blanket 
May not be quite the same
As the chubby little fingers 
On Iysha's tiny frame

But on the days you feel so sad
that you don't think you can make it
Wrap this round your shoulders 
And you'll find somehow you'll make it

When tears seem never ending
and a hankies not enough
cry into this sweet blanket
let your sorrow fill it up 

Some days you'll find your only hope
is the faith that you can feel
When prayer is your only answer 
fold it up and on it kneel

Let this blanket bring you love
the love that you know is very real
When Iysha cannot say it
Cuddle with it and just feel

Her loving arms around you 
Her spirit by your side
remember your sweet angel
will always be your guide

5 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

That poem was awesome so beautiful. You are so talented. Is there anything you can't do?

Rochelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rochelle said...

This family that lost their child is my dentist, and I just saw them not too long ago, when Lysha's father emailed me this news, it opened my eyes to confirm something I've known all along that God is real..the Lord giveth and taketh away, for rreasons only known unto him..You are a gift from God, this is your Gift that you share with this world, the poem is PERFECT and absolutely beautiful. It couldn't have been done any other way, and Paul and Anna, parents of Lysha will love it soooo much.. You're such a blessing and keep on doing what your doing..

S'mee said...

Well somebody got their dad's poetry gene! This poem is lovely and sure to be the perfect companion to a comfort blanket. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Mandi Roth said...

That was very beautiful Erin!! Such a sweet sweet poem and i hope the family will love it and appreciate the words.