Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

How fun was my day Sunday! First off I got to go to Relief Society for the first time in almost 2 years. My ward is split probably 70/20 with the younger girls being the 20 and the women who are let me see "Nearing Heaven"  the 70 And 10 left over to fill in the gaps. When I first went into class I noticed that all of the 20's are in primary and young woman's. It truly was me with 15, 65 yr. plus other gals. There were a few older gals as well but I was by far the youngest. They were so fun to watch as they talked for (I'm not kidding 7 or 8 minutes) about the"gals" in the hospital. They lesson was on the talk from last conference Good, Better, Best. It was nice to hear they ladies talk about there lives and what they have learned from them. I just sat back and took it all in. 

Then we came home where my kids went into the toy room and waited for us to 
put the Easter baskets together.  This year is the first year that we have dyed eggs and put any baskets together at all. They waited patiently and came out slowly wondering what they were coming for. Then when they realized what they were getting the plowed 
into the candy.  I am the mom who lets them go
 at it, just to get it over with, rather than drag on the candy for day and days. 
We waited for My cousin Jon and his wife Christine to come for dinner and we hid he eggs in the yard while my kids again waited patiently in the toy room until we were done.                                     It didn't take ten minutes for them to find all 14 eggs. But we had so  much fun watching as they practically danced around the yard. With every egg was a new victory.  After the hunt we came in and peeled all of the eggs.  We came into the house and made deviled eggs. AND for the first time I made the whole Easter 
Dinner Ham, broccoli casserole, rabbit rolls, fruit salad and thanks to Jon and Christine we ended with brownies and Mint n Chip Ice cream. 
What a great day.

3 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

It sounds like a wonderful day! I wish I could have been there for your dinner, it sounded yummy!

S'mee said...

This sounds like the perfect day! I remember when we first moved away from family I felt like I was the only young person on the planet! It turned out so well however. I met some incredible women who mentored me and steeredme into all kinds of fun and new experiences that I would have NEVER had if I had stayed with my peers. I love my older friends, LOVE them.

Also want to let you know that I am also a mom who let the kids eat until they threw up. I didn't care, I felt they could have what they wanted as long as they wanted until it was gone and then, yup, it was over! : >

Robyn said...

That is exactly how I treated candy holidays. Eat it up quick and it's over! So much easier.

Your youngest looks just like your dad when he was about that age!

Your ward is the ward we call the newlywed or nearly dead ward. We have one in town.