Sunday, August 12, 2007

Puzzle Chairs






Here is what I have been up to for the last month. I found these chairs at a garage sale last year and then had my grandfather enlarge them and cut them out for each of my nephews and my niece. They are a five piece puzzle so, the kids can take them apart and put them back together again. I took and painted them all a different theme.The Butterfly one has flowers one either side. The Nemo one has his gang of friends and the turtles on the sides. The dinosaur one just has different little guys on the sides on side they are dancing and the other I did a dino that resembled him. and the monsters inc. has some other characters on it as well. They turned out well, I wanted so badly something that they could look at every day and think of me when they saw them. I miss them so much more than I realized I would.







3 comments:

S'mee said...

These are awesome! WHat a great idea and what a fun aunt you are! I am sure these will be their favorite places to sit and read...or play and take apart the furniture!

The Jones's said...

What a cool idea! You are a very talented artist. I would like to get back into my art again. I also didn't realize that you drove across the country before. That would be a fun adventure to do with a spouse! I want to do that with my husband and go antiquing in random towns. :)

Lisa M. said...

You are soooooooo a member of your family.

I LOVE EM!