Friday, March 02, 2007

Changing it up!

I am having a life changing week. And not only is my blog page new I hope I will be new as well. I realized something about myself as I sat in Relief Society last week, I am so selfish. I knew I was, in fact when I was younger I prided myself on it. Not that I am mean or that I ignore my children or anything it is just that I focus on what I want to do or what needs to be done instead of what would be good for my family. Even when I am doing the laundry, scrubbing toilets whatever, I do it selfishly. I tell my kids to leave me alone, then when they don't I tend to get upset. So the experiment began. I was going to try my best to put them first to give myself, all of myself, to my children and husband. I got the things I needed to get done, done. But I had way more fun doing it. I let my kids into the room to help me fold the laundry. HOLY COW it went well. Then I even gave them both rags to help me clean the kitchen and THEY LOVED IT. I guess anything is fun when you do it with mom.

My attitude has been the hardest thing to alter. I don't sleep much, My baby sleeps well, but my daughter still wakes up two or even three times at night. This would usually mean I get out of bed like this...

*cries* "mommy"
***WHACK**** the covers flying off of me so the hubby knows my sorrows..
inside my brain..... "not again, when will this ever end" (oh poor poor little mommy)
***Stomping down the hallway****
"Baby what know" "Ilk mommy please"
inside my brain..... If I bring her milk her diaper is going to explode in the morning but if I don't I have to figure out how to get her back to sleep"
***Stomping down then back up the stairs***
"Here baby but I am not coming in here again you go to seep!!!!"
**Thump back in to bed so hubby really knows I have been up***

How fun was that, ... none. So this week I have even refocused on that, when she woke up on Monday night for the first time I crawled into her little bed with her and sang her back to sleep. Not only did she go right back to sleep but I got to snuggle with my little girl, who is growing way to fast, for a few minutes. And she did not have pee running down her jammies in the morning. I would like to say she slept the whole night through after that but she did not. She still woke up and we layed in bed together singing twinkle twinkle. I have come to love our late night serenades.
Even in the morning when I am trying to be good and read my scriptures it was awful, I would be trying to read when one of them would need me and I would say"please let me finish this mommy needs five minutes to herself please just go away for a little while." Of course they would come right back and It would end up with me being so angry that I would slam the book closed and not pick it up again all day. The new way is like thins I get up earlier.. Can you believe it. My husband sure can't. But there is truth to that fact that the spirit comes early in the morning. What a great way to start my day.
I am going to try to post something in the mornings most days from my morning dance with the spirit we will see what comes. I hope I keep this up I have had a pretty great week!!

4 comments:

S'mee said...

awesome : )

The1stdaughter said...

Something to look forward to....who knew being a mom meant you had to learn how to be a kid again.

The Pea said...

Yeah.. It has taken me a long to time to get to that point, but I am having more fun!!

Robyn said...

I love the new you! (the old one sounds a lot like me when I was your age) I really like your new blogskin too! The picture is darling!