Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Patience Project

Robert C. Oaks gave an excellent talk a few months ago titled The Power of Patience. If you have got the time read it... http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg/menuitem.b12f9d18fae655bb69095bd3e44916a0/?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=59df0d034ceae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
(sorry I do not know how to make the link any shorter)

For F.H.E. last night we started our family on a patience project. I made up a chart and whenever we catch each other being patient we get to put up a sticker and whenever we catch ourselves or each other being inpatient we have to put up a check. I have turned it into a race to see who gets the most stickers at the end of the day. Does that defeat the purpose??? Maybe. Oh well already today me kids are killing me I have 4 checks and no stickers but, they have three stickers each and only two check together. I guess I need this more than they do.
Oh well. I just wanted to share a good talk. See how the Patience project can work for you and let me know. Maybe we can start a revolution.

1 comments:

S'mee said...

Sounds like a good idea. Anything that makes the family happier with each other can't be that bad!

Good luck on thise stickers today.

: )