Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day of school

I dropped Michael off at kindergarten this morning. And YES it was that bad!!! I was a wreck, a composed wreck, but a wreck all the same. Yesterday we went and bought him a backpack and when I asked him if he wanted a new shirt for his first day his response made me think "this is definitely my child" I thought for sure he would want something like that so I asked him when we got to the store, and he said no, that he had enough shirts. So we went back to get him a backpack and I asked him again, I got the same response. As we were checking out I told him again that it might be fun to have a new shirt for his first day. He stopped in his tracks turned to me and said "Mom, I have told you three times, I don't need a new shirt, Tanner (his cousin) just gave me some shirts, I am good" I started laughing and we checked out and left. Then last night I had him practice writing his name so he would not have any trouble today. We sat at the table and I wrote his name at the top of a page and told him to copy it four times. He did it no problem, so I folded the paper over and asked him to write it on his own, without looking. He got really upset and said he did not think he could do it. He has been writing his name for a year, I had only written it for him because we have taken a few weeks off before school started and I thought he might need a refresher,  so I told him not to be silly of course he could do it he had done it a hundred time before. I told him to stop crying and at least try it. And to call me if he thought he needed more help. So I went down and changed the laundry over. When I came back up he had written his first name and was asking me how to spell our last name. I told him to sound it out and he wrote the "sh" just fine while I was getting dinner ready. Then I said sound it out what comes next. He said "o" I turned around to watch him do it and I saw what his problem was. HE HAD COVERED HIS EYES!!!! When I told him not to look I was not thinking at all. Poor guy, I let him know he needed to look at the paper and I did not mean it the way he took it. I was sorry! I know better than that! So funny though. He is seriously the best kid ever, and that is for real how he is "obedient to a fault" I love him so so much!!



This is the first day of school pose he chose to do!! We have two trees in our front yard and this one he has claimed as his. Ora has the other one the one with the better background for pictures, no nasty street to give away just how ghetto out house is in the background. But still, I thought this was super cute!!


Outside the kindergarten playground


He walked right up to the kids and starting playing. No problem!!



4 comments:

S'mee said...

This was so cute and absolutely hilarious!

Jamie said...

SO cute! I had to tell Troy the story too. He laughed and said, "What a good kid!" It's true, Michael is a great kid.

Jenessa said...

Poor Michael. I thought after all this time you had learned he takes everything literally!!!

Tiffany said...

I love him! He is so sweet. You are such a good mom...I want to be like you!