Tuesday, August 04, 2009

8 Months

How time flies, when your having fun. And boy oh boy have I had fun with her. I love this picture because you can see the hints of RED in her hair. And her blue, blue eyes. She really has been such a fun baby. When I had Michael I was so stressed out I don't think I fully appreciated what I had. Then Ora came and I was so taken by surprise that I was not fully prepared for her. But we made it and I think I took to motherhood relatively well. But, Michael and Ora both HATED being babies they screamed till they could walk. We then had Jordan who is so full of life and so so so so good at getting into trouble. But, still going from 2 to 3 kids was not as hard as I had heard it would be. Then came Abigail. My perfect little angel baby who is so content and happy all of the time. And I thought for a while there that I would DIE!! I was so overwhelmed all day and so frustrated when Jordan (who for all intensive purposes is still a baby himself) would climb the walls and throw baseballs at Abby's head (When she was 2 days old) that I really did feel like I was drowning all day long. And then at night I would just hold her and rock her and everything would just melt away  I don't know what would have happened if I had gotten another HARD baby, I may have self combusted months ago. But we have made it this far and I think we will keep her around a while longer. 
This is her personality in perfection. She is so happy, I have never seen a child so content to just BE. She lets people hold her and snuggle her and just coos and smiles and everyone falls automatically in love with her.
She eats a whole banana for breakfast most mornings... In about five minutes. I am not a mom who gets bad postpartum depression. However I do get bad post nursing depression. Every bite of solid food she takes breaks my heart just a little bit. I Do not want OUR time together to end quit yet. And no I am not sad she still gets up to nurse 2 or 3 times a night. 
Pulling up and standing. 

She is on the move every now and then. She has pulled herself up a little and is just now starting to sit by herself. I think I have tried too hard to keep her a baby for as long as I can. She has spent most of these past 8 months in a sling snuggled up against my front. Now that she is having more free time out of moms pouch she is starting to get more things done! But having said that I just may go sling her up for a few hours just for ME!!

2 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

What a cutie!! I have noticed that she is a very happy baby. You have cute kids.

Jenessa said...

Oh my she is getting so big. Can't wait to see you again. I think we might come visit in a week or so. I have to check on hotel rates first then I'll let you know.