Friday, May 30, 2008

Goal for June


I am posting this because I need some extra motivation, and I am hoping if I put this out into the void I will have more encouragement and drive to get it done.


Joe and I are setting a goal to not spend any, and I mean any extra money this month. That means no soda, no date nights, no seeing a shirt I like on sale and just picking up a good deal, no saying Joe I am really craving______ can you get it for me, No fast food period! Nothing! Why would anyone do this do you say......

We have two reasons, first we are very curious to see just how much we will save, and two we are going home to Las Vegas for a week for the 4th of July and would like to not have to stress about gas(eek), food, fun, ect...

This is a huge problem for me, I am not a very good planner. I tend to go to the store and come home with things I already have ten of. And then we run out of milk two days later. But, as part of this experiment I am only going to go to the store every 10 days. HOLY COW!! I do not know how I will do this, any tips on how you all stay organized would be helpful. I know one thing I will do for sure and that is stay away from one of my very favorite places, Costco. I am not eve going to go in. I know myself well enough to know that I can not overcome that particular temptation. However I just remembered i am almost out of Diapers, if I go tomorrow does that count. Technically it is not June yet>>>

Wish me luck and let me know if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it

6 comments:

Lisa M. said...

I am so not one that would know how to organize! That has S'mee written all over it!

HA.

GOOD luck though! I love Las Vegas, and I grew up there. It's so fun to visit! In July?? YIPES! HA!

We'll have to keep asking you how you are doing with your goal!

It is amazing what we can do, when we try!

Alison Wonderland said...

Good luck. The best bet for me is to just not go to the store because once I'm there...

Marianne said...

I hate,hate,hate going to the store so I try to only go once a week. I have to plan menus, breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then I only buy the things I need for those meals.

Robyn said...

Lists lists lists. That's the only way to do it. Or just send Joe to the store. Guys never overbuy and can rationalize not even getting everything on the list ;-)

Hope you do it! LV Should be nice for the 4th! We'll all be together at the 1st daughter's, except the middle one as she is expecting in mid July.

Gillian said...

My biggest suggestion would be to take a calendar and fill it in with your dinners everyday! The tall kid and I did this in Idaho and you would be amazed at how much you save by doing that! Good Luck and have fun in Vegas!

Trent & Lindz said...

I have to make out a list and a menu for the week cause I hate going to the store! It really works well cause then I'm cimmited to use whatever I buy and things don't go to waste!