Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tragedy again



I woke up today after a long and restless night spent dreaming of worried and petrified parents and students across the country. Also spent waking every few hours to check on my own sleeping and peaceful little ones. Who know nothing far from their own sheltered reality here with me. My heart goes out to all of those parents who had to muster the courage to send their children off today. And to those who did not have the strength within them to do so, who instead chose to spend the day pretending, if only for a little while, that they could protect all of the people they love.

The news channels are asking all of the same questions. What drives a person to do this?, How can we be more careful?, Did the authorities do all that they could have done?. When the reality is All of that today does not matter to so many who lost loved ones so dear to them.

Our world has shifted again.

I sat in school Not too many years ago and heard about two boys who took a gun to school and started shooting, then I went off to college and One morning got a knock on my door only to find my good friend in tears saying "The country is under attack", believe it or not that same friend told me yesterday of a shooting not too far from where she lives now in Virginia.

So many places and dates dot my life now It is hard for me to remember what I did at Senior prom but ask me about nine eleven, columbine, the Amish, trolley square, Emily Hayes, Abu Grahab, Snipers along the east coast, so many more... And I can recall what my life was like when those names became etched in my brain.

How grateful I am that I can look to my Heavenly Father, that I can turn my life over to him for guidance, direction, and today most of all comfort and strength. Who knows where the next tragedy will hit, what we know is that it will happen again that is for sure. We also the know...

The Lord is my Shepperd I shall not faint, yea though I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no evil.

Therefore continue your journey and let you heart rejoice for behold and lo I am with you even unto the end. Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

S'mee said...

All of those tragedies occured because the people involved had no one to tell them who they really were and what their potential was.

Unfortunately they take innocent lives and leave the rest of us to figure out how to reach the others who may not understand truth. Its all so very sad.

Lisa M. said...

It really is, so very sad.